Needless to say, this would be wonderful, because it is right here in NJ,, and so much closer. My important question is whether or not I should try and get an appointment her in NJ, and if the quality of the care and expertise would be equal to that in Texas. Evidently this is a new relationship between Cooper and MD Anderson.
It would be very difficult for my son to make the trip to Anderson, his wife works, (tho she would try to get the time off to go with him) and I don't know if I could make the trip with him.
SOOOOO,, does anyone have any advice about whether or not we should try to get an appointment here in NJ instead of going all the way to Texas. How are such satelite facilities usually as far as being as high a standard as the main facility. ?? it would certainly be far far more doable for us.
I'm going to try and call for an appointment tomorrow. We think that next week, he is going to be entering a re=evaluation phase.
I hope you are satisfied with your brother's doctors and the treatment he is getting. Not knowing the correct course of action is very upsetting, since we all want to do the best we can.
Bless you and your brother.
I don't know what my son's oncologist is planning, I have not heard. I am hoping he did the peer to peer phone calls to MD Anderson, but have not heard since I gave the number to my DIL.
I just emailed and asked her about that.
It is very difficult not know what is going on in any depth, since I am never able to actually talk to the doctor myself. I try not to be intrusive. My son has never been good at relaying or sharing information even at the best of times. I am hoping to be able to visit with him tomorrow, he is getting his chemo today.
I"m hoping they will contact Fox Chase, and I'm hoping that the doctor DID do the peer to peer with MD Anderson.
I will tell my DIL about Fox Chase, I have heard other good things about it. I did mention it to her a while ago, but at that time they were beginning with their present doctor and that is closer, so she didn't look into Fox Chase. I'm make sure to tell her. She also said she was going to check in to Cancer Centers of AMerica in Philadelphia. Don't know if she has done that.
Labrador, I hope you have a more positive situation. I apologize for not replying sooner, but I have had a lot going on here, have not been feeling all that well myself, have had a few doctors' appointments south of here, and only saw your posts just now. At the moment, I have 5 sick animals I'm caring for, lots of meds to give. One is getting palliative care, poor little girl, kidney failure. I am getting ready to give her lactated ringers, and I absolutely hate doing that.
As far as my son is concerned, I feel useless. I really think I am losing faith in the treatment he is getting. But I don't think they hold any real hope for him. It seems that everyone I know has a family member with cancer of one kind or other.]]>
Very happy to hear your son is feeling better....I had 2 liver resections with Dr. Myron Schwartz
at Mt Sinai Hospital in NYC ...I have e-mailed him and he has answered me in a very timely
manner. I believe there are others who have e-mailed him with their questions and he has answered them back without making an appointment. His e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org As is always said on here as many opinions you can get is good. You and your DIL are doing a wonderful job of advocating for your son. God Bless all of you and good luck.