Update on Angeles:
Well, its been a week since I went to the meeting with my brother and sister in law. I was shaking inside through the entire meeting and it took everything in me to keep my composure and not fall apart. She has intrahepatic CC with the 7 cm x 7 cm tumor located in her liver making her ineligible for anything except systemic chemo. She has mets to the head of the pancreas and spots on the lungs. Unlike Norbert, they didn't ask about a time frame. I think they were afraid of asking even though the doctors said enough that reading between the lines should have given them answers that they didn't want to hear. She ended up getting an infection from blood transfusions when she was in the hospital and had a stent placed because of blockage. She can't start chemo until she's done with the antibiotics which is not until Sept 22. I advised her to get other opinions and gave her the numbers to Barnes Jewish Hospital, Sloan Kettering, MD Anderson and UCLA. All of which I have heard about here in this wonderful forum. If anyone has any other suggestions, I will gladly pass along. Last I heard was that they were waiting for an appt at MD Anderson. Hoping that they get an appt soon.
Update on Norbert:
When it was determined that Norbert needed to go home on a hospice program, I was torn. After the first stroke, Norbert didn't want to be home. He's never been a homebody. He wanted to be at a home that we are renting for a wrecking job that we recently landed. The home is on the lake and very peaceful. At home, I have much support including my next door neighbor who is a hospice doc, who when he found out about Norbert's diagnosis was coming over every day to check up on him. I spoke to the kids about it and after asking Norbert directly, he said he wanted to go to the lake house. Since we've been there we've had just as many rough days as we have good days. I can't go to my yoga anymore and that's taking a toll on my back. I just downloaded an audio version of my yoga and just started doing it at home while Norbert sleeps. Since we were hoping to have his nausea under control we decided to do a long weekend road trip to Northern Michigan, which is beautiful this time of year. We're in the rented RV now and he's doing well so far. Hoping to make it to the UP without issues.
One Day at a Time.......One Moment at a Time.