You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Posts found: 3
Thank you for your responses!! They have really helped me to get things into perspective and have given me something to ponder. I really appreciate your help.
Thank you for the responses.
They attempted a liver resection but were unsuccessful. I speak to her frequently and she had all of her staples removed 2 weeks post-op. She is continuing to get better every day. I am finding it to be difficult to live in Illinois when my Mom lives in Nebraska. I wish I could be there for her every day but with work it is impossible to be there more frequently. I have already begun to use some FMLA days and can't afford to take too much time off. I work with adults with mental illness and find it difficult to care too much about their problems when I have my own. I have been struggling with depression since I was 20 and have been doing very well the last 2 years but this has thrown me for a loop. My husband and I just got married in April and I was planning to go back to school to be a nurse (following in Mom's footsteps) but find myself really wanting to have a baby so that Mom can be there. It is a very difficult decision because I know I want her to be there but my husband isn't quite ready and if I want to go back to school, we should wait. I guess I'm glad that Norm has a definite opinion because I'm not the type to push him to have kids until he is ready and we would like to get out of debt first. I don't know...I guess we'll have to discuss it again in a while. I'm not sure if I want feedback on this dilemma or not but I wanted to tell someone about what I'm feeling.
My name is Becky and my Mom was diagnosed with CC right before Christmas last year. Things have been up and down for our family and we are still trying to stay positive. I have two older brothers each with 3 children and I just got married in April (we got engaged at Christmas).
My Mom is still doing fairly well and is in good health with the exception of her CC. She had surgery two weeks ago to try to remove her tumor but it is too large and has invaded her portal vein. She is recovering from the surgery (76 staples) and is looking forward to finding out the next step for treatment. We are all concerned (of course) about what the future holds but we are trying to stay positive. My Mom is the one who is staying the most positive even though we have read all the information and know the statistics. She is a Nurse Practitioner and understands all of the articles which is both good and bad, although she is able to speak on a higher level with her practitioners.
I have read a lot of the discussion boards and have found them to be very useful.
Posts found: 3