You are not logged in. Please login or register.
|La fundación de colangiocarcinoma (CCF) ahora ofrece servicios de traducción en Español.
Por favor publique sus preguntas en Español y un intérprete le va responder.
Join our new Mentoring Program
A new discussion board experience is coming this September!
After 10 years, we're upgrading our discussion board to a new modern system. The new forum will be easier to use, mobile-friendly and loaded with new features! We'll be taking all of the existing posts and users over to the new board, you won't have to do anything. If you have any questions, we've started a thread here to discuss.
Posts found: 3
Thanks to all that replied to my "intro". I'm still waiting to hear from the Dr. I have called in daily, often twice. The nurses are empathetic but I'm still waiting for a response. I've even sent him an email. All I want to know is what's the plan.
Hope you are doing well. I'm a patient too. My journey so far has been almost the reverse of yours. The Left lobe was resected in July of 08. Then I had 28 days of targeted radiation and a chemo pill called Xeloda. In May of this year I had a chemoembolization. Next was gemzar and cisplatin for about 4 cycles. The Dr. is switching me to a 5-FU and Oxaliplatin combo soon. He is trying to get the insurance straightened out.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Tom from Denton, NC
I am a CC patient. A lesion was discovered on my liver in May of 2008. The left lobe of the liver was resected in July. I received 28 radiation treatments and 28 days of Xeloda pills during September and October. A follow-up CT scan was done in January of 2009. All clear.
Then another CT was done in April. There were 12 small lesions. Another resection was not possible, of course. And the radiologist said I had had as much radiation as I could have. So I had a chemoembolization in June. One day and one overnight in the hospital.
An MRI was done the first week of July. No new lesions and some reduction in size to the existing ones was the news.
I began a treatment of gemzar and cisplatin the first week of August. I had a port put in so they wouldn't have to use a vein each time. After 3 cycles (6 treatments) we did an MRI (Oct. 1). Again no new lesions but some growth to the existing ones.
At present I'm waiting for my oncologist to get an insurance approval for a different treatment. This treatment is a combination of 5-FU and Oxaliplatin. At the moment the insurance people are saying that that combination is for colorectal cancer, not CC. I'm told that the oncologist will have to appeal this decision.
It's been 6 weeks since I've had any type of treatment and I'm getting anxious. Although I feel good I don't want the lesions growing. And even though I didn't have any side effects from the gemzar/cisplatin combo, and I may from the 5-FU/oxaliplatin, I ready to move on.
Posts found: 3