My uncle was diagnosed with CC about month a go. They discovered it becuase of his Jaundice state. The hospitals here in Birmingham said that they would not be able to operate and they said he would have up to a year to live after they releived his jaundice.
We got him referred to St James in Leeds for a second opinion. The consultant there said that he would relieve the jaundice state with a stent and was willing to operate on him to remove the tumour. However, the radiologist disagreed with the Consultant and said that he shouldn't do the procedure to releive the jaundice. Now after this the consultant did an explorotary operation and tried to see if he could surgically try to remove the Jaundice. Unfortunately it was a no go. My uncle's bile ducts are too damaged.
The consultant has now said that we he will attempt the operation even though my uncle is in a Jaundice state in a couple of weeks time but has also told us not to pin our hopes on it. There is a 10 percent risk that my uncle may not recover frm this operation, and even if it is successful it may give him another 18months of life.
We, his family together with my uncle have decided to give the operation a chnace. Its like he says 'do i have a choice'? He has a 5yr old son, 3yr old daughter, and a 5week only baby boy. He as every reason to live and fight against this desease to prolong his life. It breaks me to peices to watch young family.
If anyone can offer me any advice on how to build up his strength over the next 10 days or alternative treatment to relieve his jaundice to get him fit for this major surgery please contact me IMMEDIATELY.
I thank you in advance for taking this time to read the post and pray that you have the strength to get through any difficult time that you and your family may be going through.