Thank ya'll, Joyce, Jeff, Ted and Patty. I really appreciate your replies. My dad still has not made his decision. I'm sure it is weighing very hard on his mind every minute. The nurse at the onc. called earlier today and he told her that he still has not made a decision but that he would let her know at the end of the week. I will keep everyone posted and my prayers go out to each and every one of you. Paula..

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and I have to say this site is very informative because of the people that take time to share their info. Thanks to all. Well, my dad was diagnosed with cc and a liver mass in April 2007. On May 9, they took out 60% of his liver and found another spot. They were not able to remove the spot because it would have been too much of the liver to remove. Sadly, the spot was cancerous. On May 30, we seen an oncologist and he ordered a CT for June 18. We went yesterday, June 22 for the results. He said the liver had not fully regenerated yet, and there were no visible tumors but (of course there is one there that they found) but that he would like to start him on chemo. He said he would give us all the literature and that he would use Gemzar and Xeloda. Our BIGGEST question is to take treatment or not. It is such a hard decision. Of course I want the best for my dad, as does everyone, but I feel like if it is going to bring him down more, then why do it. I know it is his decision to make, but I do not want to see him so sick. He also has Lupus. Is there anyone else that has Lupus and cc ? Since lupus attacks your own immune system, I wonder if he could even handle the chemo. I did ask the onc. about that and he just really didn't have an answer. My dad is 71 and we are just having a hard time on deciding what to do. Any advice or info would be appreciated. Thanks for your time, Paula......