You are not logged in. Please login or register.
|La fundación de colangiocarcinoma (CCF) ahora ofrece servicios de traducción en Español.
Por favor publique sus preguntas en Español y un intérprete le va responder.
Help us reach our $20,000 goal!
Join our new Mentoring Program
Posts found: 3
Thank u for the warm welcoming, I really appreciate.
Gavin, as of surgery I think,I qualify for living liver donor or liver transplant only but due to my really bad reaction on my first surgery to remove gall bladder n the tumor there, all the doctors believe I can't go to surgery.
My hope is if radiation works very well n infection is controlled to start chemo, if I can go one week with out high fever. Fingers crossed with Gods grace I might.
I am glad I found this group
I am in mgh hospital, yes my stents are replaced every 5 to 6 weeks. The GI ERCP Dr told me total of ten stenting is unheard of. As of the antibiotic I will mention that to the infection disease Dr hoping it will work. Thank u for welcoming me, I look forward to learn more.
I don't really know wat stage my cancer is. I had so much bad news enough I didn't ask about it. I have blockage almost all over the biliary tree. I have 8 internal stents n two intra-external drainage. It hasn't spread any where I believe not even to the lymph nodes, but too bad due to none stop infection I haven't been able to do anything but radiation.
At first only a mass was found with the gall bladder n the surgery made me very very sick due to blood infection. The blockage of bile ducts was discovered late n I was very weak that they put me on hospice for two month. After two month I insisted on trying something because I gained little energy. They decided to give me radiation n little chemo unfortunately the infection got worse. Regardless stenting n drainage.
I heard a good news earlier today, radiation is working well n is shrinking the tumors
I heard a discouraging news before that, I have many bacterias that developed resistance to most of the antibiotics n I am left with three possible antibiotics.
any body have a suggestion on wat I should do? I don't want to give up yet, it was so bad begin in hospice for two month I want to die trying with hope if that's wat it takes.
Posts found: 3