Topic: Whipple Surgery

My husband who had the Whipple in October, had his check up today with his Oncologist and everything looks quite good!
At 73 he is back at work, a little golf, eating better. The only problem is his last drain which does not seem to want to close up. If it is still draining in a month we will talk to a surgeon about closing it up. I have written a few times about his terrible hiccups. We found relief! A pharmacist who is a friend of ours suggested he try the old remedy called Brioske. It works!! Hallelulah!  I write this to give you all some encouragement, I know when things looked the darkest for us they turned around. Bless you all!  Lainy

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: Whipple Surgery

Lainy,

Since most everyone on this website has or will have some problems with hiccups would you mind sharing the Brioske secret.  Much Thanks!

Brioschi comes in a blue plastic container and can be bought in any drug store over the counter. When my husband feels the hiccups coming on he takes the recommended dose and ususally has to follow an hour later with one more dose. At least that works for him. It is so much better than hiccups for days! This is very similiar to alka seltzer. I wish we had known about it months ago as it has made such a difference for him.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

My husband who had a Whipple procedure  last August, 2005, is doing fabulous! We feel so blessed. He went back to his surgeon last week as the drainage site is still not closed. The surgeon said it is not a serious matter and to give it a few more months. He has over come an aborted Whipple, The Whipple, 2 ecoli infections and a month on nothing but IV to help close a hole that developed at the resection. Not to mention horrendous hiccups.
At this point all LAB work and Ct Scans are perfect. He is doing everything he wants to do with no limitations. We are just using an Oncologist now for "surveilance". 
We so wish we could send the same  results on to all of you!