Topic: A Good One for My Believers

Last Friday night I went to a Club with my GF Marilise where they have Karaoke but on Friday is older singles night and there is dancing and a Host who sings, rather well. Marilise and I had ordered dinner and I started to have a real pity party. I was sad as I not only found out that the Humira was not helping my U.C. then I complained that Teddy had not been around lately and he was supposed to be taking care of me. The very NEXT song the host sang was "I Did It My Way" which was Teddy's theme song. Never heard it sung there before. Marilise simply said, "there you go, Teddy IS here!" OK, so I am spoiled! I grabbed all the cocktail napkins on the bar and had a total meltdown. I better stop that or no one will ask me to dance! You guys it's a hoot. Everyone is over 65, the women are botoxed to the hilt and the men are using lines from 50 years ago! Its good for a few laughs!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: A Good One for My Believers

Sounds like fun, Lainy!  And I'm sure Teddy will always be there to take care of you.
How have you been feeling lately with the UC?

-Susie

Status quo no worse no better. I have been researching places to have the Remicade infusion. The Hospital wants a co-pay of 1200.00 for each and there are infusion centers, not many, where my co-pay would be from 550 - 1,000. I need 8 doses of IV Remicade (takes about 2 hours) between now and Dec. I am a little torn as it is much like Humira and I am thinking if the Humira didn't work then why would the Remicade? But guess I have to try I don't want more surgery! So, I am waiting for 2 more answers and make a decision. Thanks for asking.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Mmhh - could you get Teddy to give my sister a bit of a nudge please Lainy?

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

my pleasure Clare. I reposted the signs today that they are with us. Perhaps you can re read it as you may be missing things. There are always some long spaces in time too, then all of a sudden there are a lot of visits. Maybe its true that they have to store up a lot of energy. Never give up. Maybe she met someone and is busy!?!?!?!? Now that Football is starting I am sure T is with Vince Lombardi on one side and his all time love, Elizabeth Taylor on the other. No I am not jealous as he is probably tell her about me!!!!!!!   HA< HA< HA There I go cracking me up again!

Dear Lainy,.

I can see why Teddy loved you so much!!!  Your upbeat personality comes through on your posts.  You are such a kind, thoughtful person with a sense of humor that's so endearing!!! 

Hugs, Peace & Love,
Mary

Thanks Mary just don't get me angry...watch out!  Just kidding. You remind me of the cutest story. We had perhaps 2 arguments a year, I am talking doosies! Well, T would never let me go to bed angry but I would crawl in to bed and not say a word. At that point he would saunter in to the bedroom, go up to our beautiful wedding picture and look at it and say, "Hey, has anyone seen my beautiful wife? I've been looking all over for her", well of course I would just crack up as he would talk to the picture until I was laughing so hard I couldn't stay angry. Memories! And of course the arguments were stupid, aren't they all? What I wouldn't give for one with him now, silly as it seems.

She's definitely with her husband and our mum.  I'm sure her daughter is going to start saying things that will make us all sit up - even the non believers like my Dad as I'm in no doubt she's always with her.

I've told my daughter that when we find pennies it's Aunty Nikki saying hello but to be honest, the penny thing is to vague for me - and I told my sister that when I was dressing her to go with the undertaker!

I don't mind waiting- I know she is completely pain free, happy and stripped of all the turmoil life threw at her.  That means more than any visit.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hi Clare. On my Birthday in April I woke up, went to the kitchen and right at the doorway was the brightest shiniest 2013 Penny. I keep all my change in the car and have never received pennies before. Then my Granddaughter calls me from College about 2 hours away from Phoenix and she says, "Grandma what is Papa's connection with  dimes?" I thought about it a minute and  said, "Well Lexy, Papa was 'connected' but not to dimes!?" We laughed and I asked why she was asking. She said, "for the last 2 weeks there have been dimes in my Dorm room every day". Awww! Lexy had been getting ready for a Student month long trip to South Africa and I told her perhaps Papa was giving you money as he was going with you". She came home from S.A. and had over 400 pictures out of which 10 were full of Orbs and they were pictures of her. Same thing happened when she went to Israel for a month 2 years ago. That's my $$$ story. I feel it's priceless!  LOL

I keep praying for God to send me a sign that Lauren is ok and I always ask for her to come to me in a dream. Others in my family have had nice dreams about Lauren, but not me. I find pennies all the time and lately found two quarters. I also have butterflies come around me all the time when I am outside. I have been having some tough days lately and last night I asked for a sign from Lauren. I turned off the tv and it was dark and the all the sudden the tv glowed really bright blue on the screen. The dish was off, but the tv came back on. I took this as a sign from Lauren. What do you think? I miss her more each day. I know heaven must be great, but I wish so much that she was here with us, but how she was before cancer.

Clare- Maybe Nikki and Lauren are having too much fun in heaven.

Lainy- I love all your stories about Teddy.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, it was def Lauren. The TV was very bright just like her personality! She was showing you that she is happy and of course well. Quarters? Lauren must have gotten a raise! I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Pam, I can't remember if you did this but I have an idea for you. Did you plant a little garden in your backyard? If not, how about planting a small space with Lauren's favorite flowers and a bench where you can sit and think of all the good Memories. Stop asking for awhile for her to come in a dream, when she is ready she will come when you least expect it. Teddy's daughter just does not believe and she misses her Dad so much. I try telling her whether you believe or not it can bring such comfort. Well this last month she has had 2 beautiful dreams about him. Not a believer yet but I think the dreams set her thinking. That was the first time in 2 1/2 years. Next June her daughter is getting married and she laughs and says I can be the lookout for Teddy! You bet I will. So the best I can sum up is relax about it, Lauren is coming to you in other ways for now and find something you can make yourself in her memory. Love you!

Hey Lainy! Funny you should mention a flower garden. We have a little area in our front yard where we removed a tree. I keep telling Mark that next spring I want to make a raised bed there with bricks in the shape of a heart. I want an angel statue and bright flowers there. So we are going to do it. I already have tons of flowers , but this will be Lauren's garden. It is getting close to fall here, not like where you are where it is warm all year. That is why we have to wait until next year. I will quit bugging her to come to me. She is probably annoyed with me for bugging her, just as she would get when she was here with us!! Haha. Love you Lainy!!

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Oh, Pam, such a nice idea, a heart garden! I think of you all the time and worry about you and hope you are well -- here's a bunch of big HUGS.
Holly

Ok Lainy, you've got me reconsidering the penny thing.  It would be her twisted humour anyway to leave them after me telling her "no penny nonsense - it's to vague".

Hi Pam, how you doing?    It's funny, as I was logging on here tonight, I was thinking about you and Lauren and I swear, my thought was, I'm pretty sure Lauren would be the very type of woman that my sister would love being in the company of and if they had come across each other.  Who couldn't love being in Laurens company!  As much as I play the game about her being in a better place, I don't want her there.  I'm tired pretending I do.  I want her here, putting her daughter to nursery, celebrating her son passing his driving test last week, anything to reverse the sadness and pain I see in her husband and my parents eyes.  It was bad enough losing my sister, I can't imagine losing my daughter.  I watch Mum and Dad and I still can't believe they have had to go through this.  I can't believe you and Mark have gone through this. The heart garden sounds just beautiful though.  What kind of flowers are you going to plant?

Hey Holly - how are you.  I think of you too and wonder how you are.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hi Clare,

I am doing ok. I haven't thought about what kind of flowers yet. Probably lots of bright colors because Lauren was a pizzazzy kind of girl. Any suggestions? Take care and I hope things get easier for all of you.

Love,
-Pam

Did you want annuals or perennials? I think gladiolus and lilies around the statue because they are so big and bright! I would suggest a butterfly bush but you said Lauren didn't like butterflies? there are so many bright flowers. Tulips and daffodils and hyacinths and crocuses for early blooms, gladiolus, irises, lilies etc. for later blooms. Pansies, petunias, geraniums are great annuals.
I'm sure whatever you decide will be wonderful and a great tribute to your daughter.
Hugs,

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Pam....Daffodils bulbs come to mind.  Remember our Kris from Sweden? Daffodils were here favorite flowers.  I just want to believe that our Lauren is enjoying her company.   
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER