Topic: Karaoke idol contest

Hi all,
Just a note to let you know I'm in the finals at a local karaoke contest!! The finals are tonight... Top 14 advanced. Top 6 move on to second round... First prize is $1000, second prize is $500 and third place gets $250!!! I'm not egotistical enough to even make plans for the $1000, but I sure would enjoy an extra $250!!!!!
I'm singing Proud Mary (the Ike and Tina version) and Welcome to the Jungle (Guns n Roses). I'm really a country girl, but I'm singing what the judges want to hear.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Karaoke idol contest

Hey now, Kris, that is so exciting! Next....American Idol! Go Kris, Go Kris

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Kris,

Good luck to you tonight!!!  I'm betting you'll win First Place!!! 

Sing on!!!

Mary

Kris-this is a place that has witnessed many miracles and believes in miracles, so be egotistical and go for first place!! If they judge on character you have it in the bag!!
Go Tina!!
Lots of prayers for first-Cathy

I didn't make the cut. But a good friend did, so I'm sitting here cheering him on!!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris, so sorry about that but good luck to your friend. Going out tonight with Marilise to another Karaoke Club in Scottsdale that years ago was the Mob hangout and they have kept it pretty much the same in looks. Very cool and you can feel the vibes. If you come out this winter we will def do the big K!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris,

You will always be #1 in my book.

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Kris,

Sorry you didn't make it but good luck to your friend.  Nice of you to stay and cheer him on.

Mary

Im proud you made the finals !! What a great hobby and way to make people smile. I am a Rick and roll girl so would've enjoyed it smile

Willow

awesome, Kris. Your spirit and passion are always an inspiration to me!! Keep on rockin' on!

Hey Kris!  I would love to meet you sometime in NYC, if you'd like.  You just sound like a lovely person.  AND, I have rediscovered that when in the throes of nasty side effects like wrap around cramps from FOLFIRI, the only analgesic that works is singing!  I've even begun to write songs, something that for some reason, given a musical life, I hadn't ever been able to do.  Maybe I'll post my Oxali Platinum Blues.  Please do contact me.  I'm putting together a casual singing group.  And I will be exploring the trial you're on. 

best to you and all of us!

Regina, I got a great chuckle out of that! "Oxali Platinum Blues"!! Haha
We will have to work on a NYC get together. There's a few of you... Randi, Sandy, you and anyone else?

KrisJ

Oh I really do have the Oxali Platinum Blues!!  Nothing cold please!!

Terrific!  I look forward.

Hey Kris, I'm a karaoke junky too.  I did a contest once too, but didn't make it.  I sing alot of Lady Gaga, and one of the judges hated her, oh well, it was a blast anyway!  Sorry you didn't make it, it's all about having fun.  Good for you that you get out and go.  Denise