Topic: Met another cc patient

I met yet another cc patient today. He is not on this site, although his son investigates here. If you see this, "hi, Mark!"
I'm not giving out too many details, but this gentleman is trying to get on the same trial. He's having problems with some of his numbers, tho, and if the bloodwork isn't good, you can't do the trial...
I hope my positive attitude was helpful today. He seemed to be very sure he won't live too many more months longer, and he isn't even THAT sick! I told him I've been there, but there is so much more out there now. He can't give up! I hope I got through.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Met another cc patient

Kris if anyone can get through, it's you! Someone else asked about you last night. Remember Stan who came out for the day? He asked how you are doing and wants to send you an email. See, how everyone loves you???

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Aw, thanks, Lainy! Please feel free to give him my gmail account. I changed it because the yahoo acct has too much spam!!
Tell him I said hi!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

You are very inspiring!  I have had some bad days due to Xeloda & Oxaliplatin & get discouraged & think I wish I was more like Kris!  Any advice for those bad days??

I just keep going! I don't want that bad stuff to catch me!! Lol
No, really, I have my bad moments. Right now I'm worrying about going bald. I got through 3 different chemos with my hair intact, and now that I'm not on "chemo" anymore, it's starting to fall out! But i'll just get a wig. I just keep reminding myself it beats the alternative. 2.5 years and I'm still pretty healthy feeling, and still on the right side of the dirt.
I still have a little neuropathy from the oxy, but it's not too bad anymore. I'm looking forward to the day that I feel my feet like I used to!
If you want to talk, send me an email at kris00j@gmail.com. I'll send you my number. Or you can type it all out. It does make me feel better.

KrisJ