1 (edited by Lainy Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:38:04)

Topic: A Novel Idea

I have some exciting news for our Believers! You can be part of a project that I hope will bring $$ to our Foundation, Memorialize our loved ones who had CC and bring us some great PR.

I was thinking how we could have an ongoing Fundraiser and I came up with the idea of a book of Believing in the Beyond stories written by our own Believers who have lost a loved one to CC.

Each member would make their own introduction no longer than 40 lines. Above the Introduction you can have your loved one’s name like In Memory of Salvatore Sardina. If this works out it is a lovely way to remember those who have passed. If you have family that has had winks from your loved one, you could include those stories as well. Use as many pages as you like for the winks.

For those of you that are battling CC it has come to my attention that some of you have received signs when having to make a decision. Please, by all means we would include your stories!

I am hoping to have a 200 page book and will need your stories as soon as possible and ALL proceeds will go to the CC Foundation.

For all Members:
Very important…we need a title. Example:  Love, Loss, Eternal     It needs to be serious but a touch catchy. We want people to be drawn to the book.  If anyone likes to write we need someone who can write an Introduction page for the front of the book, perhaps explaining about our Organization and all our courageous warriors. It did cross my mind to use one of our greeting cards as the cover.

Please let me know what you think of this and any and all ideas welcome. Let’s get started!
I will keep repeating this post until we have enough stories.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: A Novel Idea

Do you want stories from those of us who are battling CC now?

Hi Pattimelt, thank you but not yet. IF this goes it will be about believing in the beyond and I was thinking of a 2nd book about the patients with their stories and intersperse poems people have written between the stories. I tried once before collecting stories and didn't get much response. That is why I didn't do it that way this time. I just thought it would be a great way to have some dollars consistently rolling in. BUT I do need a title and an introduction page that believers or not could do. What gave me this idea is that I read an article about 6 weeks ago how 4,000 people were interviewed and 2,000 were believers. Hope you are doing well!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

You also have those of us that are battling that have received signs when making decisions....
Good luck with your new project!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

OMG Kris, THANK you so much for that. YES, yes, yes what a great idea. Get busy writing, Cookie!

I am a little upset today as I heard from a close friend in Milwaukee why this one couple does not call me and I am shocked. Teddy worked out here for their 2 sons. The sons worshipped Teddy! The father grew up with Teddy and they were the first couple I met when we became a couple. A friend in Milwaukee ran in to them and the other woman said, "Do you talk with Lainy?" My friend said "oh yes, we are very close". So the woman I had not heard from says, "How is Lainy and all her ghosts?" I said if the way I believe is what has kept them from calling me shame on them! Am I reading too much in to this? P.S. I am going to add what you suggested to my announcement.

OMG!  I totally agree with you.  If that is why they are not in contact with you, shame on them.  It is their loss.  As for me, I believe.  smile 

Love your idea for the book and would love to be a part of it.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Lainy,

That is really sad.  Also, it is their loss.  But I can understand how it upset you.  People can be very strange when it comes to personal beliefs.  For some reason, some people feel they have to have the same beliefs as their friends.  That is so narrow-minded.  As I said it is their loss because they don't get to have such a kind, caring friend named Lainy!!!

Hugs,
Mary

Hi Lainy,

Well, I will join your club. If people think you are crazy, then I'm crazy right along with you because I believe!! I love thinking and believing that I get signs from Lauren. It makes me feel better. Those people aren't worth having as friends if they can't be open minded enough to accept your beliefs and know you are one of the dearest people in the world. I will be part of your book. Take care and don't be upset.

Love you,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Pam, Mary and Darla is this place the best place to be or what?? I'm not giving ignorant another thought, its a waste of time. Pam you are now listed in the book and what a lovely Memorial it will be to our loved ones! I hope Andie, Jenn and Gerado join in as I KNOW they have some stories. And I know there are more out there...I will find you! Oh Julie too. I just can't remember everyone at this time. Don't forget if anyone in your family has had winks they can also be in your chapter.

You all got me coked up so I couldn't sleep. Thought of some more believers, see I said I would find you!
Clare, Jee Young, Desiree, Mary Lloyd, Lanny and Alla.

Morning Momma!

Good luck with your book! As I said to you before, I think it is a great idea and I know that you are the right person to do this and I know that it will be a great success also! I had a think about the title, how do you feel about having the word Cholangiocarcinoma in there? Something like, Love, Loss, Eternal: Stories or Winks from Cholangiocarcinoma Families or something like that. Was just thinking out loud here!

As to your friend from Milwaukee, GRRRRRR to her! If that is why she has not called you in all of this time then shame on her indeed and sod her too, her loss I would say!

Big hug for you!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks, Gavin. I am keeping a list of everything and everyone with an idea. All ideas welcome.

My names Clare, and I am crazy!

Marvellous idea Lainy.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hi Lainy,

What a wonderful idea, count crazy little me in!! 

Do you want us to email our stories and introductions to you?

Love Andie xx

Devoted Daughter to the most wonderful Dad a girl could ask for.  Sadly lost his battle on 19.02.11, peacefully in the arms of Mom and I.  As requested by Dad "we will keep on smiling".

Clare.....I love crazy and I surely love you!

I love it Lainy!!  It's succinct and says it all.  Wish I had known Teddy, but I almost feel like I do through you posts.

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanks Randi, and I KNOW he would have really liked you. You are a no nonsense leave the drama at home type of gal who really cares about people!
Who wouldn't fall for you?

Lainy, you are a great one for making me cry! And, yes, you had something many of us never experience, but that doesn't make the loss any easier. It does, however, leave you with much better memories!
I think the intro is wonderful: a beautiful tribute to your late husband and a lovely, brief description of the love you shared.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Thanks and you start making your list of decisions you made with a little help from beyond. BTW your Intro can be about YOU! Or all the guys you have dated!...LOL Sometimes I just crack myself up, even if its not funny!

Oh Lainy, what a beautiful story of love!  Yes, you were lucky to have sixteen years with your sweetheart, but as the Diamond Rio song says, "One More Day".  We're always wishing for one more day, especially when you've been blessed with such a wonderful man.

Mary

Mary, I am glad you brought up the song! I was thinking if we get enough stories and can pull this off, of trying to get in touch with Diamond Rio and see if we can use the lyrics for the last page. What do you think?

23 (edited by kris00j Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:36:21)

Would you want "One More Day" or "I Believe"?????

And I would bet they would be happy to let you use the lyrics... Most country bands are very accessible and "real". I said MOST!! smile

KrisJ

Yes Lainy, that would be great!  And both songs are beautiful - my special one is  "One More Day".

Let us know how it went with the Remicade.

Love & Hugs,
Mary

Girls, I love both songs but I Believe is about the beyond to me and that is what the book is about. Of course who says we can't use one in front and one in back if they agree?