Topic: CAT Scan Results

My CAT Scan today was clean. No new tumors and the old ones are gone. I do have some scar tissue from the radiation. We left the Clinic feeling very good. The feeling lasted for about three hours when we got the call that my CA 19-9 was elevated. My CA19-9  in June was 14( first time in the normal range in three years), my number today was 42, so it tripled. The plan is to wait four weeks and repeat the tumor marker and if it has increased again then I will have a PET Scan. This is going to be a long four weeks. The joys of CC.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Re: CAT Scan Results

Lisa,

Glad to hear the good news!!  The tumor marker issue is a bummer but I wonder if it's possible it went up because of any of the medication you've been on for the hives?

It's going to be a long four weeks.  I will keep you in my prayers and of course I will talk to you during the four weeks.  It's always something with this disease.  Do we ever get a break???

Stay positive!!!

Love,
Mary
aka...your soul sister from NJ

Hi lisa...
We had our surgeries (first) about the same time.  Last summer my CA-19 marker went from the usual 15/16 to 40 and I was panicked.  Marian told me at the time it was too soon to tell what it meant.  The next test it was 29 and the last two have been back around 15 again.  I ask my doctor why it had gone so high and he said sometimes there is no known reason.  I read somewhere that heat sometimes caused it and other times contamination.  I am praying for you that the answer is one of those.....it is wonderful that the scan is clear!
Love, Kathy

OMGosh Lisa!  Another ticket on the roller coaster? I am hinging on the lower number and like Kathy says perhaps its just a fluke of the crazy CC. Try real hard not to think about it, I know! Start thinking about Halloween. That time already??? You have been doing so well but I guess that old CC can't let you fully enjoy something without a question mark!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lisa,
How wonderful the are no new tumors and the old ones are gone!!  Just try to stay focused on that.  Throw out the information on the CA-19 levels.  Everytime that nasty thought creeps in  remember the positive, wonderful news you recieved.  "That which we focus on only gets bigger" is a saying a very wise woman once told me.  I hold you and all members on this board in my prayers. 
Peace.....

Wishing all God's blessings!

6 (edited by PCL1029 Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:12:28)

Hi, Lisa,
CCA is always like a curve ball and is really hard to predict it's path. It is difficult at times,at least for me, to fully know the right way to treat this disease.
May I ask why to wait another 4 weeks for PET and not doing it ASAP?
Your thinking about the CA19-9 triple value rising based on your experience is always a good and logical precaution to prepare for this disease,just in case.
Just a suggestion,
I forget where you get your radiation treatment, but can you find out whether you may need to use RFA,Microwave or even cryoablation instead if you may reached the upper limit of the maximum radiation dose allowed by using SBRT 4 or 5 times as I remember in your case.Or ask the doctors how many MORE  times you can still use SBRT for treatment purpose.
I am waiting for the consult from Mayo about the lymph node and the confirmation of the other two RFA results to see whether the post-2month results is indeed correct as the local radiologist said.
Thanks always praying for me,  and I will do the same for you.
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Hi Lisa,

Please try and enjoy the great news that there are no new tumors and the others are all gone. The CA19-9 is not foolproof. Maybe it has something to do with your hives and all the steroids. Please do not dwell on those numbers. Be happy about the tumors being gone. I know it is so much easier said than done. I will pray everything is ok. I'm always here for you. Let's get excited for the marathon next week!!

Love,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Lisa,

Please stick to your signature and enjoy everyday you are given from god and do not pay too much attention to the marker numbers.

Regards

Lisa...I too am focused on the biological changes unreleated to CC.  As has been mentioned, these markers are highly sensitive to even benign occurrences hence, it is way too early to worry. I know, as do many others, that doing so is easier said than done.  If anything, try to balance the good news with the not so welcome i.e. the rising markers which may or may not even be related to CC. 
Love and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lisa,

I am so happy to hear that the CT scan was clear, hoping that the CA 199 will go down from here.

Keeping you in my thoughts.  Big hugs!

Julie

oh, the trials of markers!!! mine were the lowest they have ever been in june at 211. They doubled to 435 by august but went up six-fold from august to september to 2500. scans still show no disease visible. SO we are fighting numbers! It's all too little to see. I would be so happy to get anywhere so close to normal. There is just sometimes a little variation in the test, differences in your blood volume or pressure that day, lots of little things that can affect the markers, even inflammation. PLease don't worry till you have to! Enjoy the "no tumors" part of your checkup! Time to rejoice! Praying for you ...

Hi Lisa,

I don't want to belittle your concern but it is lovely news to read your ct results.  It's made me smile after crying from another post.  Happy thoughts Lisa x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hi everyone,
CA 19-9 results are back and the new number is 44, so up just two points from September. Since the number did not go down my doctor wants to do a PET scan next week.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Lisa,

Lots of prayers for the upcoming PET scan.
Hang in there.  It is never fun waiting to have tests done and then waiting for the results.

Keep us posted,

Susie

Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for the PET scan. I know our ONC said that a lot of things can affect those numbers so they can be off because of something non-cancerous. So keep up positive thoughts that it is something else.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Hi Lisa,

Hoping that your PET scan brings good results to you Lisa, and tons and tons of positive thoughts are coming your way from over here.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Hi Lisa crossing everything even my eyes, wishing you a successful "Scan that Cat"!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lisa.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Lisa.

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Hi Lisa,

Sorry the tumor markers are still high.  I'm hoping the PET scan will show positive results next week.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Peace & Hugs to you.

Mary

I had my PET/ CT scan today. My radiologist just called and the scan showed some slight uptake in an area they radiated in December. The uptake number was 3.5 so not too worrisome but since my tumor marker increased they will be discussing my case at the tumor board meeting. He said we might biopsy the area, we could possibly use radiation or maybe surgically remove it. Please keep praying.the good news is there is no other cancer anywhere in the body.
Hugs
Lisa

Thinking of you and hoping for good news from the tumor board.

Carl

Lisa, what ever the tumor Board says the best news is your ONC already has plans! Here is hoping for the best!

24 (edited by marions Wed, 30 Oct 2013 20:10:09)

Lisa....Big squeezes of hope and good luck are heading your way.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hugs and prayers coming your way!! I'm glad it sounds like you have a plan at least. Call me if you want.
Love you!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.