Topic: FIRST POST CHEMO SCAN!!

Hi all I finally had my first scan after starting chemo about 3 months ago.  I just completed my 3rd cycle of gem/cis and had my scan today.  Though my tumor is very large my doctor is happy to say and relay that the large mass has now shrunk a little over 3cm!!! She was pleased with this news and impressed that with this short amount of time and the amount of chemo I am on that there was... what I like to say pretty substantial shrinkage. The plan is to continue the regimen and re scan in another 9 weeks.  Physically I feel okay most days and numbers are staying high and I am tolerating the chemo well so far.  So this is the most hopeful i have been since I started this journey after being diagnosed in July!!! Determined to fight and live for my beautiful 8 and 6 yr olds and all those around me...

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Re: FIRST POST CHEMO SCAN!!

PFox,
That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! Thats great about your blood counts staying up as this really seems to be a good cocktail for your particular CC ! Thanks for sharing and keep the faith.
Willow

Willow

Dear Porter, YEA!!!!!!  What great news to be told you are a shrinking woman! That is fabulous news! You made my day now go ahead and keep shrinking.
Living proof once again where there is HOPE there are MIRACLES!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Pfox....wonderful news.  I am thrilled for you.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Great good news! 

Hugs,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I am so happy to hear some good news!  I plan on taking gem/cis for three months, too.  It's good to hear that you have had a positive result. Very encouraging news!

Best wishes to you too Lady Linden!

Willow

Great news! I love to hear that people are responding so well to chemo and that the numbers are staying up.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Congratulations Porter!!!  This is great news!!!

Mary

Congratulations on the wonderful news!! Shrinkage!! Love that word. And I am so happy your bloodwork is good! I think today was a great day for you!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Congratulations, what great news!! Jules

Great news! Shrinkage is the perfect word!

Hugs!
Cathy

Great news Porter, congratulations!!! We love hearing shrinkage and hoping to hear it more coming from you as well!! Time to celebrate and enjoy indeed!!

Best wishes,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.