Re: infection... hallucinations

Hi Susanne,

Great news here and I am very happy for you both! Fingers are crossed for this and I so hope that it goes well. Please let us know how things go. Hope that the snow that is forecast for the next few days passes you by and that the ferry is running as planned. Leaving a day early sounds like an ideal plan to me.

My best wishes to you both,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Susanne,
Sounds like wonderful news. Hope that you get your wish for Christmas. And I will keep my fingers crossed that the ferries are all running and you are blessed with wonderful weather when needed.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Susanne,
That's good news about the Prof. smile  Also great that he will do the radiotherapy soon.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather and ferries running and ultimately, comfort for your beloved.
Willow

Willow

Oh Susanne this is great news.  Keep on it and I so hope our weather stays calm for you so you can get to Aberdeen.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Good luck, Suzanne on everything including for the weather to cooperate.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

thanks to everybody the weather was (sort of) cooperating.
We were on the morning ferry (the afternoon one was cancelled due to adverse weather conditions) and had some rollercoaster flights but managed to get to Manchester without major delays.

The good news: there is a very good chance to kill the beast (the bone met on the rib) with the radiotherapy which is due to start next Monday!
Apart from this there is just one suspicious node which will be monitored in future with quarterly CT scans. It showed up on the PET scan (not very bright though) but might have been due to an infection, so according to the Professor   this is not too much of a worry just now.

The bad news: all that travelling has taken it's toll... so the pain which was under good control flared up after coming home so we had to increase the medication for the moment. Especially the journey home was a long one... got up at 4 a.m. and arrived home at 6 p.m. so even for a healthy person that's some journey.

It is as if this "thing" knew that we are going to fight it next week and it's showing it's teeth for the last time.

Dear Suzanne, I am so very happy to read that you weathered all the "storms" even the flight home. It also appears that you are on the right path now and that can only keep getting better we hope. Wouldn't it be lovely if you had a mini luxury ship to take you back and forth! Wishing you great success and am hoping the next visit goes well and keep the storms away!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Suzanne,

I am so pleased you are making some progress now.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hi Susanne,

This is excellent news indeed and many thanks for sharing that with us all. Yes it was quite a trek for you both both there and back but I am really glad that you were able to go and hoping that the beast will indeed be killed off! Fingers are crossed for the radiotherapy and please let us know how that goes.

My best wishes to you both,

Gavin

PS - hope the weather gets better as well!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Suzanne....good luck.  Your persistency paid of.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER