Re: Cancer Centers of America

Also I would like to put my two cents in....from Portland to Seattle is not that far and we have had wonderful care at Virginia Mason in Seattle. Great surgeon there and great oncologist. We could not have asked for better care. They have been on top of everything and so far everything has gone well.

And I guess I am with everyone else, I have not heard great things about CTCA and since CC is such a rare cancer I would be very reluctant to go somewhere where they hadn't seen a lot of them.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Interesting that my opinion is different than others regarding CTCA.  Back in 2011, when I was first diagnosed, I went to CTCA near Philadelphia for one of my opinions.  For personal reasons I decided not to be treated there.  But they can up with the same diagnosis as my other two opinions.  They were kind and caring and worked the schedule to my needs for all the testing and doctor visits. 

As for insurance, I have Aetna and they paid for most of the cost at CTCA, as they did for my other two opinions.  I guess it depends on the plan you have with Aetna as to what they pay.  My out of pocket, at CTCA, was a little over $300 which I paid.  CTCA told me if I had issues paying my out of pocket they could assist me financially.

Peace,
Mary

Thank all for the advice and support. So Far I have an appt scheduled up in Seattle first week in December.. As far as CTCA I got the feeling it had more to do with the money than the actual care of the patient.  So I think I am going to pass on traveling to Chicago. smile
Porter

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.