Topic: Sorry I've been missing

Hi everyone,

I am sorry I haven't been posting on the board as much as I have in the past.  I have been very caught up with finishing up school.  Luckily graduation is on the horizon (next week!!) and then I will have more time and more brain power to start posting more again.

I want to wish everyone a very very Happy Thanksgiving.  I know sometimes it's hard to be thankful when life is on a path we haven't expected.  I have been diagnosed with every single one of my cancers during thanksgiving-time.  So, it's a dicey time for me as well. 

Have a wonderful holiday my CC peeps.

Hugs to all.
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Re: Sorry I've been missing

Hi Randi girl, so relieved to know you ran into yourself!!  It will be wonderful when you are done with school. Have a Happy when the Turkey spins the dreidel!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Randi...nice to see you back and congratulations on your accomplishments.  Wishing you and your family a happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Randi,

Happy Thanksgiving to you also!!!

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!!  You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Peace & Love,
Mary

Congratulations on your graduation Randi!! Well done indeed! Time to give the brain a rest from all of that studying and I that you and your family have a great holiday!

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Thanks everyone.  What a wonderful thing to read at the end of a long happy day with my family!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Randi
Welcome back. Great job with school.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Congrats on School. I can relate as Thanksgiving has always been one of my favor tire days of the year and we were given the surgery option Wednesday and been praying about the risks.
Again congrats on the accomplishment of finishing college.

You have much to be proud of, Randi. I'm amazed that you could focus steadily on your education through the craziness cancer can bring. What's your secret?You really are an inspiration! Kudos and congratulations!
Willow

Willow

Well Willow, I can't take credit for continuing school during treatment.  I took a leave of absence and really didn't go back until I thought I might live a little longer.  At one point during chemo, I tried to finish up some work and became overwhelmed very quickly.

thanx for the kudos folks, but it's really just a selfish move to doing something that I really feel like I am meant to do, counseling adults with serious illness.  I've applied to volunteer at a local cancer organization and hopefully will be hearing back soon.  I think I get more from that work than I give.

-Randi-

I knew you could do it, Randi and that is exactly how I feel about this Board.
Hope you have a great Thanksgivukkah!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Randi,
Could you have found a more therapeutic and rewarding career field?? I think this what they mean when they say you have a "calling".   Your first reaction (to freeze everything, take stock take a leave of absence) is natural and necessary but I'm sure impressed and glad you found the courage and stable health to carry on.  You give more than you know. smile Time to celebrate this fabulous accomplishment !!
Willow

Willow

I am a lucky girl in so many ways.