Topic: It's Been Awhile But when he comes to visit he does it right!

Having some issues again with the UC and Robin ran me to the GI as I could not drive. About a few blocks from my house Robin says, " Look Mom, there's a truck from where Teddy worked in front of us". Then right after I registered at the desk the assistant took me back to an examining room and in the middle of the doorway was a penny!  Thank you Teddy! I am hoping our CC Family are starting their stories for our CC Novel!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: It's Been Awhile But when he comes to visit he does it right!

Lainy,

Thanks for sharing your incredible story. You have been through so much, yet you keep stepping up to help others and share your personal experiences with us so we may find our way.

Carl

Well, thank you kind sir! It's purely selfish of me, like I say I get so much more than I give. And I get to talk about Mr. T to the whole World. And lastly even though I don't have CC I can complain about my U. C.
How is your lovely wife doing?  I believe this CC Family is truly a family. May I mention how happy I am to see you more? You always give such great advise.  Anyone can tell what a kind and caring man you are. I know it is not easy at all for a Care Giver, been there done that. No wonder not many apply for that job! Try to keep coming around I do miss your advise and posts!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Lainy, As complaining goes, you have every right to complain about UC. It is debilitating. Yet you persevere. You are an inspiration.....

Lynn is doing OK. We are in "maintenance mode" with chemo (gemcitabine) after 8 cycles of GEM/CIS. It's been a a struggle but we've seen good results.
After all of this I will write a book on nutrition and cancer as Lynn has drastically changed her diet and we truly believe it was a big factor. We are not niave to think we've conquered anything yet, but know we have a fighting chance because we've done all the things we can to reduce cancer's lifeline.

Take care.
Carl

Carl, I think that is marvelous. I really hope you publish it. I know for a while the Anti Cancer Book was quite the thing but don't hear too much about it any more so perhaps it is time for a new book!

I have learned names of fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts that I didn't know even existed. And while sadly, I have not converted, I do support her and try recipes.

For example, We have found out coconut milk has significant value. We ate at a restaurant that caters to fresh, farm, organic lifestyles - and had an amazing soup with coconut milk base.

Dining out. With such a new diet that does not connect to the standard restaurant fare, we spent a great deal of time searching for restaurants that appeal to organic diets, etc. What we found (probably not a surprise to others) was the people connected with these restaurants will bend over backwards to make sure you have an enjoyable meal, while fully respecting your dietary needs.

As others may have experienced, for my wonderful wife, the ability to go to a restaurant and order off the menu, even if it means a few questions, is such a huge positive influence when dealing with the daily cancer crap. Every "off" week (no chemo) we make a point to go out to a restaurant where we can relax and have a wonderful meal with no hesitation.

Carl

P.S. My wonderful wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary recently at one of these very special restaurants. I honestly wasn't sure in May that we'd have this dinner in November. We've come a long way.

Carl,
Happy Anniversary. I also changed my diet and I believe it helps. I do have my weak moments but for the most part we eat organic and nothing processed. I love my green juice and I was taking a wheatgrass shot everyday but I am seeing an intergrative medicine doctor for chronic hives and she took me off the wheatgrass temporarily. I use coconut, almond and rice milk. I am trying to be gluten and dairy free per the recommendation of the new doctor, she thinks I have leaky gut syndrome, but it is so difficult...you always want what you can't have.

Lainy,
Thank you for sharing and always being so supportive.
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Carl, happy anniversary!! I know how you felt: I turned 50 in June, but 2 years ago I didn't think I would make it. Congratulations, and if wish we could work out a week so you and Lynn can join our lunch buddies.

Lainy,
Just keep believing, and Teddy will keep visiting. He has to top the buzzing pictures tho!! I'm waiting!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Carl, very interesting! In the book you want to write, would you have recipes?
Perhaps if people thought the recipes could easily be done they could take the big conversion. Just thinking, but for me that can be dangerous. Glad to hear Lynn is doing so well and a belated HUGE Happy 30th.

Hey, What an interesting idea for this site, a recipe section.

I give Lynn and my daughter all the credit. We have a 3 inch binder full of recipes found everywhere, and then organized neatly by categories such as soup, salad, fish, cereals, smoothies, etc. If a recipe works, it goes in the binder.

We've also tracked Lynn's diet every day. Calories consumed and check lists to make sure each day she consumes key ingredients. For example, check off when she's had 3 fruits, 5 vegetable servings, 2 green tea, 1 tumeric, .....
We used to track daily protein when she could not even ingest 800 calories per day but now that the tumors have shrunk and not pressing on her stomach, we are finding the protein comes naturally with the food choices.

Carl, just for the heck of it you could post a list of ingredients and some of us could try to add to your recipes! Like that book I am trying to put together on Believing. I gave a deadline of March so I hope everyone has started. It's so easy to just submit a log of "visits"  write an intro and for this all proceeds would go to research for CC. I have 8 for sure would like at least 15 - 20. Oh no small feat as I know nothing about publishing!

Hi Lainy,

I've not forgotten about your book.  I haven't posted much but I am on every couple of days.  It's almost like I have writers block and struggle at the moment to know what to write to others.  On the believing front I am still waiting for my sister ........... However, my other sister told me last week that our neice who is 4 (it was her mum that died) told her that her mum comes to visit her.  She comes to her room at night before she falls asleep to make sure she is ok, stay a little when then goes back out the window.  Apparently she comes in the window too.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Clare, I am not surprised. Youngsters can often see things we can't. I think it's because they haven't been told it's not real.
I remember my grandfather coming to see me the night he died. He just sat on the edge of my bed and told me he had died. And not to cry. I told my parents that in the morning. I don't know if it helped or not.
I'm glad your niece still gets to see her mommy.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Hi dear Clare. I am not versed in how to make them come. I know a Banana Cream Pie would do for Teddy. As far as I know supposedly all you need do is ask. Clare I remember having little pit party as nothing was working for the UC. I went to bed and just laid there thinking and I said to myself how much more of this can I take and then I added through tears....Teddy where are you? You said you would always take care of me. All of a sudden I had a pressure like someone really pushing but gently on my left arm, then the left leg, then the right leg then the right arm and I fell asleep quickly and with a smile on my face. That's all I needed was to know he was there. And I still believe he saved me when I almost joined him in Feb when I was starving to death from the Colitis. I just know he was there every night all night. I closed my door as it is so noisy at night in the hospital! Every time I awoke to go to the Queen's Throne I would hear fresh sheets rustling. I laid down and held my breath and it was as if a bed was next to mine and my sheets were not rustling. Every night for 14 nights. For 6 nights I was on the cardiac unit as they were afraid that I may have a heart attack. That night I lay there about 9PM and was tearing because I kept thinking Tomorrow, is going to be the talk with my 2 kids. I fell asleep thinking what to say to them. At 2AM I woke up and felt the starvation and I wanted to eat, eat, eat. Because I started eating they moved me from Cardiac and the sheet noise stopped! Clare do you need the list again of what to look for? Do you want to try something? What could she be waiting for? Start asking her what you can do for her. I just thought of this. There has to be a reason she has not come. A few months ago Teddy's Sister was sitting at a pool after exercising and a little bird lit on a table and totally kept screaming at her  same thing happened the next day. And in the end he did this little dance like the penguin in Happy Feet which we happened to see with Maria and Don while they were visiting us. I am so blessed. I really believe he does not want me yet but he is excited for me to come. I have no fear about it.

I know you are right Lainy and my husband also keeps telling me she hasn't come because I don't need her right now - her husband, kids and my parents need her more.  Her husband gets lots of signs which I love and I had been waiting on my niece coming out with what she did but have deliberately not asked her.  I wanted her to say it unprompted and without her having had the idea put in her head. 

I have always been a believer and I know, when she is ready she will give me a sign that leaves me in no doubt it is her.  I did find a couple of silver stars on our carpet last month when I was hovering.  They were up the hoover before I knew it - there was no plausible reason for them to be there.  Was it her - not sure but we have a whole confetti star thing that goes on in our family with gifts and on the table at special occasions.  When we buried her, we sprinkled the stars on top of her coffin before the grave was filled in and then the next day,  all the kids sprinkled the stars over the grass at her grave.  The more I think about it, the more I think they are her pennies - time will tell.  x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Kris, wow!  I totally believe that you saw your Grandfather.  I think kids see those that have passed more than we ever realise.

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Clare...there you go! It is the stars, she DOES come to you. I know this may sound weird but who are we to deny, someone told me that it takes a whole lot of energy for our loved ones to do what they do and sometimes we won't see them for awhile as they may be storing up the energy. Your sister is using hers to take care of her little one. You know how I always say Mothers never leave their children. Glad to hear about the book, sure hope we can pull this off!