Topic: HAPPY & A HEALTHIER NEW YEAR

New years come and new years go,
Pieces of time all in a row.
As I live my life, each second and minute,
I know I am privileged to have you in it.
My appreciation for you all never ends
To my greatest blessings: my family and friends.
Happy New Year!

To My Teddy Bear Happy New Year

Our relationship is not over because you are no longer here with me physically. My connection to you can never be severed. You are imprinted on my heart and woven through my soul. I will continue to talk to you, write to you, and kiss your picture. Your love is a vibrant part of me. My promise to you is to never let go of you, I will always feel your love in me and I will always Love you!    LAINY

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: HAPPY & A HEALTHIER NEW YEAR

Love the poem Lainy!  Happy New Year to you too!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Great poem Lainy! And a Happy and healthier New Year to you as well!

Luv ya!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gavin please also tell Mum I wish her a healthier New Year and give her a hug for me.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

That's so sweet, Lainey! Happy New Year!

Willow

Will do Lainy. And I know that she will want me to wish you also a healthier New Year from her too!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Happy New Year Lainy!

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hi my Darla! And congratulations on your new title! I love you and have been waiting for this one!!!
Date-Update.....The week is over before it began. He came over for the games Sunday (how about our PACK) and Robin and 2 of the kids also came. Apparently Robin and my Granddaughter Lexy said a couple things about Papa and Lou feels in competition with him so guess what....he is not for me. Then he says to me he can feel the love in our family but at times they are a little too exuberant! goodbye and don't let the door hit you in the behind! Going off the Senior Site for a while, too many OLD men with too much baggage. He told me I am still in love with my husband. I said why not? He didn't leave me because he wanted to! Man at 80 you got some kind of problem. LOL wanted to update you and Mary! I tell you sometimes my own company is the best! LOL

Thanks Lainy.  Good job on how you handled things.  I feel the same way.  It is what it is and if you don't like it, there's the door.  smile  And yes, some times we are our own best company.  Love you too.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Congrats to you Darla! I know that you will be a great moderator! smile

And as far as company goes, I like my own company too!

And my mum asked me to pass on her best wishes to you all for the New Year too!

Thanks Gavin.  My best to you and your mum, too.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

Hey Lainy,

What kind of guy thinks that you stop being in love with your deceased spouse!!??  That's just crazy talk.  Love is not exclusive, when you love one person it doesn't mean you can't love another.  Love is expansive and takes in all that are willing!!  You are better off without someone like that.

Good riddance to him!

Love ya
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanks Randi. I am telling you that is the caliber on the Sr. sites. But when he said my family was so loving but a little exuberant that really got me as I am a mother bear. The only thing they did was cheer for the Packers! Well he is a walking dead person so I guess that was exuberant! Oy Vey what's a girl to do. I enjoy my own company much better! Ha, Ha can't say I don't try. To be fair I hear the same complaints about the women on the site as well. Going to take a few months break. Renewing some old friendships that I kind of let go due to not feeling good and now that feels good!

Happy New Year Lainy

Thanks for thinking of me. 
I have never been far away from here.  I read the posts and my heart is with each and every person on the site.

I enjoyed your poem.  The love you shared will carry you for many years. 

Be healthy in the new year and continue to be as beautiful as you are!

Ha, Lainy....I think that you are too young for this man.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Marion, got that right, even with one hand behind my back. He was the Archie Bunker walking dead. I was going off the SR site last night and hit the wrong button so am on another month!! Neurologist Jan 17th. MRI said, Differential considerations include hemangiopericytoma and less likely, dural based metastasis. There are age appropriate underlying senescent changes of the cerebrum. I want to know who invented all these words. Oh supercalifragilisticexpealidosis! I can do that too.

Lainy, you crack me up! I forgot to ask about the "age appropriate" stuff going on in my ct scan... Dang muddy brain! I say I have the memory of a steel trap! A rusty, hole-filled one! lol
I either get young ones or old feeble guys. Most don't even make the cut to meet me! One VERY YOUNG and VERY MUSCULAR one the past few days... I asked him what he wanted from an old lady like me. He writes gallantly. "May I" and "honored". What a change! We will see.... I'm thinking of paying and trying eharmony. Match.com got me nowhere.
Oh, and I also lied on my profile now! I'm only 6'!! Please, don't tell on me. smile

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Lainy,   Hope things go well at the neurologist.

I may have said this before, but I will say it again.   I have come to the conclusion that all the good men have died or are taken.  smile

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Darla, a friend calls it the funnel effect. When we are young, we are at the top, and widest part of the funnel, with lots of choices. As we age, and slide down the funnel, the options become less and less, like the circumference of the funnel. I guess I'm near the bottom of the funnel, too, as there don't seem to be many appropriate men out there for me, either!

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Girls, girls. It is a bus ride and a different bus comes along every half hour! Just hope they can climb the steps to get in the bus. HaHa just cracked myself up! Kris this is good one. I decided to take a 2 month break from the SR. site  and went to sign off and hit the wrong button. I am now on for another month!!! Say, I have also been thinking about eharmony but have seen the same faces there.
And now I add my 7th Doctor to my health!! A Neurologist to see if anything is in my head. Girls I think we need a mini convention! But I am sure not going North!!! It will be in the 70's here for the next 2 weeks. I will be on and off FEB 2 - 8 as Teddy's Sister, Maria is coming for the week. As I have said long ago she is married to the lead Tenor of The Four Lads and they have a gig here then in Tucson and then she and I will visit. We are going to do a 2 night overnight in Scottsdale so we can have some fun and I can get out of my jail here. By have fun means moving from one chair to another!

Haha!! Have a great time! Get wild! Open the door!! lol

KrisJ

STOOOOOOOOOP you are cracking me up but good. I will be careful in opening the door!

OK, enough already, you both crack me up!  smile  Since it was -12 when I got up this morning, 70's sounds pretty darn good to me.   Lainy I love the Scottsdale area.  Enjoy.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

He didn't get it.  His great loss.  But there's a lesson for you somewhere in there (Just like the child who, looking into his bedroom, said “With all this manure, there's got to be a pony in here somewhere.”  Google it for details.).  Find it.  Embrace it.  Build on it.  It's going to take time and patience to get your bike back on the road, but you've got a goal that you really can get your arms around.  Seek fulfillment there.  Who knows who you will meet along that path.

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Hay, Duke (the Hay is for the pony!) I love what you wrote. I totally agree with you about everything. You are an impressive writer, do you write for a living or as a hobby?