Re: HAPPY & A HEALTHIER NEW YEAR

I am a nuclear engineer.  Most of what I write is technical and detailed.  Translation: boring.  Strangely, this forum gives me an outlet that I would not otherwise have.  Not everything that has happened has been bad.  This is easy when it comes from the heart and is read by other hearts.

One thing I've tried to convince trainees under my "tender loving care" is that language is a tool that can be used to your advantage if you take the time.  It can definitely set you off from the crowd (providing your reader takes the time to read anything other than the "bottom line").  Which is why I normally write posts off line and then let them simmer with occasional stirring and seasoning until I feel they are ready for consumption.  Unfortunately, my skill frequently does not carry over to live presentations.  Most of my best ones are conducted without an audience hours after the show was over.

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Wow! Duke, a Nuclear Engineer! No wonder your posts just 'glow'! I feel too that is it so much easier to express thoughts and feelings on paper. Well, you are very good at writing and I am sure that a man who can express the feelings you do is also a fantastic teacher!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Duke.......no need to simmer your postings - we take the rough draft as well. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER