Topic: A Happy New Year to you all!

I just want to wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year! I hope the new year brings good health to all and a wee message to you all from me, said of course with a strong Scots accent. Try and picture Sean Connery reading it to you, that should help with the translation! smile

A guid New Year tae ane an' aw’,
An' mony may ye see!
An' durin’ aw’ the years tae come,
O happy may ye be! 
Tae ane an' aw’, baith great an' sma’,
A hearty, Guid New Year!

A Happy Hogmanay to you to you all, and of course, Lang may yer lum reek! smile

Huge hugs and much love to each and every one of you!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: A Happy New Year to you all!

Why Gavin, I understood exactly what you were saying! But I will say it again from here to you!  A hearty, Guid New Year!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Yay! Thank you! And well done Momma on understanding my accent! If I was in Phoenix I'd be first footing you tonight after the bells!!! smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

You would foot me? Then I would just have to give you a big hug. And of course we would have a big table of food. How about that game Sunday. We were on the edge of our seats. And my AZ Cardinals also had a nail biter and won. Robin was here with 2 of the kids and they kept yelling for Papa to help the PACK!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

And a guid New Year to you too Gavin.  I love the accent.  smile  Wish I could hear it for real.

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

That was so funny and made me smile! Here's to a good new year ! What's footing?

Willow

Guid New Year Gavin! I got the gist of what you said smile
May 2014 bring only good things!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thanks everyone, I hope that you all had a great Hogmanay! I loved watching the fireworks on the tv from around the world and here are some from Edinburgh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25551348

I never saw the game on Sunday Lainy, was on too late here in the UK so I missed it. Another season passes us Bears by.... GRRR!!!! LOL Seems like T helped the Pack again, he's good at that isn't he!!

As to First Footing it's a Scottish tradition at New Year and we used to bring a lump of coal when footing someone! Personally, I'd rather have the food or a wee dram of our favourite drink! smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-Foot

May the New Year bring us all only guid things and guid health! smile

Happy new year everyone.

X

Clare

In the stars now . . . .