Topic: Won't be around for a few days

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I won't be online for a few days. Am getting the gas central heating installed and my flat will be in complete chaos once again for a few days! The supply to the building was done a fortnight ago, the meter put on today and the whole system and boiler is getting delivered tomorrow. I need to move everything again today and get the carpets up to get the pipes down so the pc will need to be moved and I'll be offline.

The job should be done on Wednesday and hopefully I'll be back online Weds night or Thursday at the latest. If anyone emails me I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Hopefully from a nice warm toasty flat!

Hugs to you all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Re: Won't be around for a few days

Take care, Gavin! Here's to a toasty flat!

Willow

Hey, Gavin after Wednesday, let it snow!!! Give Mum a hug for me.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Good luck with everything, Gavin. Soon you will be snug as a bug in a rug!!

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

You will be missed, dear Gavin, but we know that you will come back to us.  Hurray to your final step to living in a toasty environment.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Good luck! I hope they get it installed with no problems.
Meanwhile, keep warm!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Sounds like it will be a nuisance for a few days, but well worth it in the end.  Good luck, hope all goes smoothly and you are soon toasty warm.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Glad you'll be warm!!!  You take care out there xx

“When it is dark enough, you can see the stars." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy your roasty toasty flat Gavin.  Bring on the snow - we've had none this winter - far to mild in my book!

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Clare,  If you want snow & cold come to Wisconsin.  As for me, I have had enough!  Mild is good, but warm would be even better.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Good luck Gavin!  And here's to a warm, toasty flat!!!

Clare can come to PA also! We've had the snowiest January in years.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Thanks everyone! Gas now in and the flat is all warm and toasty! Great to have hot water instantly as well instead of waiting for the water tank to warm up. Getting the carpets up so they could get under the floorbaords wasn't as bad as I thought, but getting them down again was a messy job and a pain in the you know what!

Just got the oak flooring left to do then that will be the whole flat done. Don't have the pennies to pay for it just now so will get saving! Will do the job myself to save on labour costs and will be enrolling the help of my mate for that job!!

Hugs to all,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Great news that you're warm and toasty, Gavin big_smile xx

Wonderful to hear, Gavin.  You deserve enjoying the fruits of your labor.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Sounds like everything went well and as expected.  Glad you are now warm and toasty.  smile  Enjoy!

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Oak flooring sounds beautiful and will add to the warmth of your place. So nice to have things updated. Cheers, Gavin!
Willow

Willow

Thanks everyone! Braw and toastie in here and great to feel warm in the mornings especially. Scottish gas engineer coming to check the system in a weeks time to see if it meets their installation requirements. Might be a problem with one of the heaters, it seems warmer at the top than the bottom so will speak with him about that then. Don't know if that is normal or not.

Just flooring, a curtain pole and some blinds left to put up. And do some repairs after the gas went in then that really will be everything done! smile

Hugs,

Gavin

19 (edited by Lalupes Fri, 31 Jan 2014 06:23:01)

The "warmer at the top" is possibly air in the radiator.  It'll just need the air bleeding out and all will be toasty throughout big_smile xx

Good thinking Julia, could well be that! Thanks for that and I guess I better go get a key for it. smile