Topic: Doctors at Sloan Kettering

Hello All,

I am curious if CC is such a rare cancer then why is it that at Sloan there are many doctors mentioned in this forum? My mom is under the care of Dr. Abou Alfa which I have never seen mentioned on this forum? We are happy with him that is not my issue, it just struck me odd that's all....any thoughts??

Re: Doctors at Sloan Kettering

Hi
Check link please

http://book.cholangiocarcinoma.org/

God bless

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Daisy,
I'm not sure if you are asking why your moms onc is not mentioned? I know I've seen the name, but possibly there are not many people posting that have the same onc. I know there are quite a few at Sloane, as my former onc is one of them. Being a research hospital, and one of the biggest for cc research, I assume that is why there are so many there. And I do know they have weekly team meetings, where patients are discussed among the teams. So your mom has not only Dr. Abou Alfa, but the input of many of the other oncs at Sloan Kettering.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

dr. Jarnagin at Sloan was my surgeon for resection, consult from Janjigian on chemo before I headed home...

Derin

Husband to Eileen, Dad to Hunter (15) and Sydney (13)
Attitude is everything, you have to keep it positive! And take it one day at a time, it's all anyone can do with this disease...

Daisy....Dr. Abou-Alfa is on the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation Medical Advisory Counsel as well.
http://www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/medic … ouncil.htm
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER