Topic: Power outages then Las Vegas

Hi, I'm combining this into a single post. Because of the ice storm, I have not had power since Early wed. morning. So I had no internet, etc. yesterday. Today I'm at a friends while she is at work. Using her internet connection...
I stayed with another friend last night. Thank God for friends! Tomorrow I'll be hanging at another friends house, then leaving for the airport early Saturday.
I stopped at home this morning to run a dribble of water through the pipes. Checked my basement... No power equals no sump pump! About 2" in the basement right now. Oh, well. It will wait. We are supposed to have power returned Saturday. I hope tomorrow actually, so I can be sure the water is draining before I leave for a week.
I can't wait to get outta this cold!
I never finished the reason for the post... I won't be online much for a while. Hopefully I will be having FUN soon!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Power outages then Las Vegas

Yikes Kris. I am so glad I live in Phoenix even though it is cloudy and in the 50's today. Have a great time on your visit!!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kris,

I'm hoping you can go and try to forget or at least ignore all of this and have a great time.  It will all still be there when you return.  You deserve a break.
Have fun!

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Agree, Kris.  Time to get out of there and to have some fun. 
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Well, I have power and internet! I'm home, and my basement is drying out!! Most everything that got wet was plastic, so not too much ruined.

KrisJ
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Oh Kris,

I'm so happy for you.  I was just watching the coverage of this on the news.  It has been a rough winter here too, but nothing compared to what you are dealing with.  Now you can go to Vegas and really enjoy yourself without having to worry about if or when things will get back to normal.  You have power, internet and a drying basement without too much damage, so that's a plus.  Have a great time in Vegas and hopefully the weather will improve by the time you return.  Enjoy!

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Yay! Order restored before you fly to Vegas, thank goodness! My husband was stuck 2 days in CT and sent me a photo of cars in a lot. Looked like Siberia! Have a fabulous time, Kris! I'm off to ski at Tahoe and so grateful for the tiny snowstorm/rain were finally getting here in Northern CA.
Cheers,
Willow

Willow

Spoke too soon... The heater doesn't seem to want to get up to speed.... Hoping it kicks in SOON!!!

KrisJ

I think the snow came out way. We have a little bit but we are supposed to get more. And in this area we don't get snow often enough for most people to know how to drive in it....UGH!

Hope the heater kicks in too. Ours is getting tempermental too. I think it might be time for a new one.

So glad you have power now and everything is drying it out. Now for Vegas.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Fingers crossed that it will.  For now, bundle up and stay warm.  I'm sure the weather in Vegas will be much more to your liking.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

Have a great time Kris!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I'm having a great time in Vegas... Even my FB friends will tell you I haven't been online! Just long enough to post pics here and there...
Today is a slow early day. Going to sit by the pool.

KrisJ

Kris, I am so happy for you! ENJOY! ENJOY!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.