Topic: Another clean scan!

Just had to let you all know that I too have had a clean ct scan - 39 months post resection for me smile

It is perhaps interesting to note that I am officially "discharged" from the hospital now - they have no plans to give me any more follow-up, a not uncommon view in the UK where there is no follow-up protocol and no insurance companies paying for the scans.  So now I have to decide if that is the way I want to go, or whether I will fight with my GP to get more scans in the future.

Helen x

Re: Another clean scan!

Helen -
Absolutely wonderful to hear. I love hearing about the successes

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Helen, great news!! I think I would opt for fighting for scans every 6 months. Talk to your GP... you may have to say you have stomached problems to get them through, but I would lie if necessary!
I'm so happy to hear you can loosen up and take a deep, easier breath after everything.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Helen,

That is wonderful news.  I am so happy for you.   This type of news is always appreciated on this board.

Take care.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Helen a big YIPPEE for you and for what ever it is worth I too would fight for Scans every 6 months. You know this cc is a very strange character. Best of luck, go out and LIVE your life!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Great news Helen, thanks for sharing! I hear what you say re scans in the UK after discharge and if you argue for one you may be able to get one every 12 months as follow up.

Time to celebrate now though and enjoy life!

My best wishes to you,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

What a wonderful post, Helen!  I'd argue for a scan, as Gavin said.  But, all in all, celebrate!

Wonderful news-  my very best wishes for your continued good health.

January

Fantastic news!  I had gone to every 6 months and new doctor has it at 4 months. I see from others that after two years they go to once/year!  I guess every doctor has their own wishes. But good news an keep
It coming!

Great news Helen!!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Helen....I can only echo what has been said by the others, congratulations on being cancer free, but I also agree that you should push for continued scanning.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Great news Helen! I would battle for scans every six months and maybe blood work a little more often.
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider