Topic: Dad Update

Well my dad went in for his chemo with a lot of bloating.  They did a CT scan.  They found a spot on his liver and his pancreas and the nodules on his omentum grew.

They now want to do Oxaliplatin and 5 FU as the chemo for a secondary defense.  They said this will work for about 16 wks then there is nothing they can do.

Re: Dad Update

Oh, Crissie, I'm sorry. I will say that oxaliplatin kicked butt with both cc mutations that were in my body, so here's hoping your dad gets the same response. And, depending on how "healthy" he is... maybe he can enter a trial. It's a thought.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Dad Update

Crissie......as Kris has mentioned, your Dad may respond with little side effects to the drugs.  I would also check into clinical trials and request molecular profiling.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER