Topic: I'm ALMOST Baaaaaack!

Thank you for your good wishes. Had another UC attack starting like a year ago and the GI was proud that I knew what was going on and got in to the hospital quickly. Good news is he said as bad as it is I am not a candidate for an Ileostomy! Yeah! I kept telling him the only bag I want to wear is one from Macy's. He is now blasting me with Meds. Staying on the Remicade and adding Imuran and yes, back on the Preds! Heavy for a month then will start weaning me down again. So need to draw on my patience again. What? Thought there was no patience left. I can do it, like the little train that could. Got the best care in the world. Now just weak, extremely tired and shaky but that will pass. I did dust the apartment today. Shhhh don't tell anyone. Will be on but a little less for this next week. Thanks everyone, I LOVE this family.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: I'm ALMOST Baaaaaack!

Big hugs from me, Lainy.  Rest and feel better soon.  We know you'll be on here at least lurking....and reading.  Take care of yourself first. 

Iowa Girl

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Take it easy for a while Lainy.  No more cleaning!  smile  I agree with Julie, rest & feel better.  We look forward to seeing your smiling face back here when you are ready. 

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Welcome home Momma! Glad to see you back and yes, getting some rest, putting your feet up and have a cuppa sounds like a plan. And.... putting the duster and all other manner of cleaning products down also sounds like a plan to me as well! Give it a try sometime, if you can! wink

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Lainy! Glad you're back and hope you starting feeling wonderful soon. Hugs to you my friend.
Porter

Hope, love, strength...2013 and for the years to come, Porter.

Sending good tidings to you, Lainey. Pray that your ulcerative colitis meds do their job and you can get off the prednisone soon.
Feel better!
Willow

Willow

Dusting?  If ever there was an excuse not to do it it's now Lainy!  Rest up, get well and use your energies for other pleasures. x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

8 (edited by Lainy Fri, 16 May 2014 12:25:57)

Thanks family, for your kindness and caring. Still recouping, I am so full of Meds its hard to eat a meal! LOL So far fair. I see the GI the 28th and next Remicade infusion is June 4th. I felt so bad I had to miss my Granddaughter's  GRAD from NAU where she got a 3.9. She already got the job she wanted and starts August 1st. Our baby who is almost 18 Graduates next Wed. from H.S. with same grade point and will be starting ASU in August. I can't make the stadium Grad but will join them for dinner later. Every Birthday and every event is held at Papa's favorite Italian place. Kids choice, too. They sure keep my spirits up. BTW, for any of you near San Diego, please stay safe, what another awful disaster. Later they may need me to help clean up. Windex and rag always ready!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Let me offer a minority opinion on the dusting (also a male perspective).

It makes you feel good in two ways:  first, it shows you are strong enough to function; second, cleaning itself is good for you.  Both are parts of your recovery process.

Having said all that, this does not mean you should overdo it.  Everything in moderation.  Sometimes your own prescription is the hardest to take..

Duke

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Ah, Duke, thank you so very much, I totally agree! It does make me feel better. Can't help it but my 2 addictions are cleaning and this Board! Oh, I like to cook as well. Gee, think I will marry me as I make such a good wife! Have to admit hate ironing. Teddy used to do the ironing.

High five on the ironing Lainy.  I'll clean toilets, change beds, Hoover and even dust but iron - my husband does that one;-)

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Hmm, must be a male thing the ironing then as I do that too. Quite good at it too I might add! smile

Oh yeah, cleaning, changing sheets and cooking, do that as well!

A man's work is never done...... smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Gav, T learned to do it all in the Army! Thank you Army and thank you T!

Glad to see you've got your spunk back, Lainey! (As if you ever lost it)

Willow

Thanks Willow. I am trying and the UC is a tad better now it's all the side effects from 3 RX!! Going to try the Grocery today and probably mow down a few more people with the electric cart!!! To funny as they have a Subway in there with parking spaces for the carts!

Lainy,
I am so sorry I have been off the site since surgery. Hate to hear your not feeling well. Sending big hugs and prayers. Gavin, can you visit and bring your iron????? I can spend an hour with a shirt and it still looks wrinkly!
Hugs
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

I'm thinking we should all ship our ironing to Scotland c/o Gavin.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Darla, ha, ha OR bring Gavin here and as he visits each one of us we give him a load of ironing to do!!!

That works for me.  We get to met Gavin in person, get our ironing done  and look what we'll save on postage.  smile

"One Day At A Time"

Sun tan lotion - check.
Passport - check.
Iron - check!!!

On my way! A CC and ironing convention, or a sponsored ironathon. Meet everyone, raise awareness, funds and get your ironing done at the same time!! Sounds like a plan!! smile

I knew you would love this thread but we forgot one very important thing! Ethnic and local foods! I know you love food even though you are now very slimmed down. Darla will fill you with Dairy from Wisconsin and I will give you Western and Mexican from Phoenix. We are all set!

We'll make this an annual event.  HMMMM----Maybe monthly???????

"One Day At A Time"

I'm ready...can't wait!!!!!

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Don't forget Philly Cheesesteaks!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Of course not, Philly get's in there too. Say, how about a mini convention if Gavin comes in? You are loved Gavin!