Topic: Update on Mary

Hello everyone,

I'm Mary's daughter, Kelly.  I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope starting a new topic will help everyone see my post.
My mom started home hospice this week.  Yesterday, she significantly declined, and hospice had me call my family.  Hospice does not believe she'll make it for more than a week.  My mom is fairly non-responsive but she seems comfortable and not in pain.  My husband and I are surrounded by our family and friends.
My mom spoke so highly of all of you.  I'm sure I'll miss some people, but I know my mom has spoke of her, "soul sister," Lisa Craine.  She has also mentioned Kris, Betsy, Lainey & Gavin.  You've all given her hope and strength to continue on her journey.  It means more than you'll ever know.
I wanted to keep you updated on what's going on and will try to check back here later today.

With love & peace,
Kelly Walsh

Re: Update on Mary

Hi Kelly,

So sorry to hear about your mum. 

I am sending my love from far across the oceans. 

Be strong, be by her side, hold her hand and lightly stroke her face.

God Bless

Lou

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for updating your mom's condition.  I am sorry it has come to this, but know that she is in good hands with hospice care.  They will help to assure that she is made comfortable and as pain free as possible and that is the most important thing at this point.  My thoughts and prayers are with her and you.  Please let us know how things are going when you can.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Kelly, a bittersweet thank you and we are praying for a comfortable journey for our sweet Mary. Keep talking gently to her as she will hear you even if you think not. And please tell her that I am with her in Spirit and that we all love her so very much. Kelly, be strong you are a wonderful daughter.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kelly.....thank you for allowing us to accompany dear Mary in her journey of peace and love. 
My heart is with Mary, you, and her family.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Kelly,

I am thinking of your mum, you and the rest of your family. 

Be at peace. X

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Thinking of you, your Mom and all of your family at this difficult time. 

-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

8 (edited by Willow Mon, 19 May 2014 08:47:54)

Kelly,
Your Mom is a caring, incredibly strong and loving woman. She has contributed  so much to this board by offering support, advice and encouragement. Also by sharing her own story. Many thoughts are with you at this precious yet painful time.
Willow

Willow

Hello Kelly.

Thank you for letting us know how Mary is and I am real sorry to hear this news. I was there with my dad throughout and I know how you are feeling right now and what you are going through as well. I am glad to hear that Mary is comfortable and has her loving family by her side as well. Your mum is much loved by us all and please know that we are all here for you as well Kelly. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kelly,  I am fairly new to the boards, but have read some of your mom's posts.  Bless you for letting us all know about your mom and her final days.  You sound like a wonderful and caring daughter and just know that your love for your mom shines through your every word. 

Hugs and Blessings,
Iowa Girl
Julie T.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Dear Kelly.

I am so sorry to hear about your dear, sweet mom. She always had the nicest things to say to me before and after my daughter, Lauren passed away last June. I don't come on this site much because it is just too painful for me, but I happened to see this and had to send a message your way. Your mom is a true gem with a heart of gold. I hope she is resting comfortably. My prayers are with her and your family during this most difficult time.

Love and hugs,
-Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Thank you all for your kind words of love and support.  My mom passed about 9am this morning.  She seemed peaceful and didn't seem to be in pain.  Her memorial service will be this Wednesday.  Please continue to keep us all in your thoughts & prayers.

Kelly (Mary's daughter)

Kelly....your dear Mom will be in our hearts and on this site forever. She is greatly missed by our community.  I take comfort in knowing that when someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.   
Hoping for your heart to heal....one day at a time.
Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Kelly, we will truly miss Sweet Mary, she was such a kind, caring and dignified woman that in a unique way I was proud to know. My Condolences go out to your family.

Those we love must someday pass beyond our present sight…
They leave us and the world we know without their radiant light.
But we know that like a candle their lovely light will shine
To brighten up another place more perfect…more divine.
And in the realm of Heaven where they shine so warm and bright,
Our loved ones live forevermore in God’s eternal light.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Kelly,
I'm m so sorry and my heart aches  for you and your family. Your Mom was such a wonderful lady and friend. I will miss our long chats, laughs and cries. She always spoke of her beautiful daughter and how much love and support you gave her.
Much love
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Dear Kelly,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You have my deepest sympathy.  Mary will be greatly missed by many, including all of us here.  There are no words that can easy your pain, but try to take some comfort in knowing that at least now she is at peace and no longer suffering or in pain.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this sad & trying time.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Kelley,

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Your mom obviously made a lot of friends and many respected her as well.  She will always be with those who she touched.  I wish I could have had the chance to know her.

Julie T.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Kelly,
My heart and condolences are with you. Mary is a special lady. She was dignified and compassionate all the way through.
Willow

Willow

Dear Kelly,

I am so very sorry indeed to hear of the passing of your dear mum. Please accept my sincere condolences. I know that she will be sorely missed by so many people and my thoughts are with you and your family right now. Having lost my dad to this cancer I so know the pain that you feel right now and please know as well that we are all here for you. Thinking of you right now.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kelly, I'm sorry to hear of your mothers passing.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you. 
Labrador

Kelly,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Heaven has gained a beautiful, precious angel. May you and your family find peace.

Love, -Pam

My beautiful daughter, Lauren Patrice, will live on in my heart forever.

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based on my experience as a caretaker for my daughter, Lauren and from reading anything I can get my hands on about Cholangiocarcinoma. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Kelly -
I am so sorry at the loss of your mother. You and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this.

Hugs,
KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear of Mary's passing. She was such a kind, thoughtful woman. I enjoyed meeting her.
I wish I had read this. I would have gone to the memorial service.
May your family find strength in the knowledge that she is at peace, and cancer free.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kelly, I am sorry for you and your family on Mary's passing. She was a great inspiration to all in our CC family, she gave many new members so much HOPE.
Lots of prayers for peace  comfort, and strength at this time.
Cathy

Thank you all so much.  It's been a difficult few days but I'm fortunate to have my husband and family.  My uncle and I keep talking about how selfish it is to want her here with us when she was in so much pain.  I feel a sense of peace knowing she never has to experience any pain or trauma from procedures/surgeries again.  She was braver than anyone should ever have to be.
The service was beautiful and reflective of my mom's spirit and personality- to live every day to its fullest, love freely and be a kind & compassionate person.

Kelly