Re: Update on Mary

Oh, Kelly, thank you for sharing this with us.  Your Mom spoke of your insistence of accompanying her to the doctor's visit and how supportive and caring you have been all throughout.  She was a very special person and has left an enduring impression on this site and in our hearts.

Hugs and love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kelly,

What a beautiful message.

That is how your mother will be remembered...Living life every day to its fullest, loving freely and by being a kind and passionate person.

Thank you for allowing us to share this experience with you. You are a wonderful caregiver and supporter.

Carl

so very sorry to hear your news...be strong and remember she is no longer in pain

Hugs
Lou

Dear Kelly,

I wanted to write as soon as I read your post on your mom's passing, but I haven't been able to take the time.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  My mom was getting treated at MSKCC in Basking Ridge maybe right after your mom started getting treated in Manhattan.  I always felt closeness in reading her posts because they sounded like my mom could have been writing them.  She was such a kind and gracious person, and always had encouraging and candid responses for me when I asked her questions directly. 

I know taking your mom to the appointments in the city couldn't have been easy (I did it just a few times procedures & meetings with the surgeon, and the drive -- not to mention the parking -- always felt like such an obstacle course), but I was glad for your mom that you were there to do that for her.  My mom's in hospice now and may be joining your mom soon.  I'll tell her to look for Mary.

My warmest thoughts are with you and your family.

Caroline