Topic: Best thing my new oncologist said yesterday

"We are going to get back to chemo and CURE this."

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Re: Best thing my new oncologist said yesterday

YES!  smile

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

YES and a BIG YIPPEE!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Love it!!!!

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

You go, dear Julie.  You have tons of support heading your way.
Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Kick butt!!!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Best possible words!

Way to go Julie. Sounds like you made the right decision.

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

You go girl!

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

I am feeling better and better about the change in oncologists.  Last night, I had a mixup of phone numbers when I went to return a call (didn't know who had called me..just had the caller ID number).  I didn't recognize the lady who answered, but I explained I couldn't get to the phone in time because I was resting from having chemo.  We continued to talk (go figure...Julie talking?) and she mentioned the chemo...told me that she was in Mayo with her husband (leukemia that returned after a transplant) and then I told her "I" had just been there for surgery.  It turns out that we are both from the same town...have NO idea who each other is ....but we kept talking...for OVER TWO HOURS.  In the course of the conversation, she mentioned my first local oncologist and she wasn't sparing what she thought of him.  I won't go into more detail here, but it was plenty to stop me from second guessing myself about firing the guy. 

Julie T.

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

Julie I always say the bigger the world gets the smaller it is! But to me the bigger story here is to get that other opinion or see what another DOC says!!!!!!!!! Please everyone...listen to your gut it will not steer you wrong! With a rare illness such as cc there is not a Doctor worth his weight in gold if he does not understand you want back up! (wait, I think that was the wrong phrase especially for me to use! LOL)

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Oh Lainy...you're full of it tonight.  No wait....that was probably the wrong thing to say too.  Whoops!

Ha, Ha, Julia have a good night and a nice holiday weekend.

I agree! So glad you switched docs! I know my view on LIFE changed when I found Dr. D! Before I was treading water, always waiting for the next shoe to drop. Now? I don't care! I love my doc and know she wants the best for me. And that makes my stress level nonexistent!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

You are a warrior.....go girl!
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider