Topic: About clinical trial

Hi, everyone,

I learn today that clinical trial (  such as phase 1,2 and 3 criteria  etc.) was established in 1954. Wow, a kind of old standard,is it?
And as you all know,staring a couple years ago, ASCO promote the use  of genomics as the standard starting point  for oncology research . So how can we incorporate this new concept  into the 1954 clinical trial old standard?
Are classic phase 1 or even  early phase 2 trials obsolete?
In the current new drug development whereby molecular and efficacy profiles of the new drugs are  much more accurate ( 50-70%) and well known before drug companies even select that chemical entity as a potential drug for new drug development. therefore is it necessary to have a large number of patients in a clinical trial rather than fewer patients. This is a challenge in patient selection in early phase clinical trial and will subject much less volunteers to harmful side effects.
God bless

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: About clinical trial

God Bless you too, Percy and thanks for your perspective. 
Willow

Willow

Re: About clinical trial

Hi Percy,

Many thanks for sharing that my friend. Hope that you are enjoying ASCO right now and no doubt you are looking forward to tonight's dinner with everyone else. Enjoy it and please say hi to everyone from me!

I see from the weather forecast in my local newspaper that it is now warm again in Chicago, so, stay cool! And if you have the lobster tonight then I know you will enjoy that!!!

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.