Topic: Stupid cancer!

Well, another of my dear friends is now free from cancer. He had brain cancer. His poor wife. I feel so bad for her. They were the cutest couple, always teasing each other.
Just thinking about this: prior to about 2005, I knew of maybe 6 people in my life that had cancer. Either surgically successful or not. 1 had died. Now? I know about 6 people that HAVEN'T had cancer (ok, more like 60). This is getting way out of control!
My poor friend Diane has been so strong for the past year. He was her best friend.
All I can say is cancer SUCKS!

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Re: Stupid cancer!

Hi Kris, I am sorry to read about your friend and I agree C sucks. You would think with all the years that have passed something major would have happened like a cure, although we are so close and new treatments are coming up all the time but I guess not fast enough. Hope you had a good Birthday. I know first hand that the wife is lucky to have you as a friend! It's like Al Jarreau said to me when I told him about Teddy, "Why do all the good ones have to go?"

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

I wish I could be there for her. We've had some pretty brutal talks because she knows I understand. But they moved to Florida to retire a few years ago. I'm just glad she has some friends there.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Kris,  I'm so sorry about your friend's husband.....and how this is hitting you.  The fact is that bad things do happen to good people....but bad things (esp cancer) shouldn't happen to ANYone.  And in particular, cancer sucks big time. 

Hugs,....Julie

"Just for today, I can get through anything."  Hey....I'm a cancer survivor, not a doctor.  The opinions I state are my own, based on my personal experiences or knowledge.  As always, talk to your doctor about your concerns and treatment.

I agree, no one wishes cancer on anyone,  but it hurts us more when it happens to nice people.  Hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Kris. I know that you are not close to where your friend lives, but I am sure that she will value your friendship and support throughout everything. And I am so with you and how cancer sucks big time.

Hugs,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Kris, 

I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss.  Yes, cancer sucks!  I feel so badly for her as I know what she is feeling and going through.  She is lucky to have you as a friend, even if at a distance.  She knows you are there for her.

Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hey Kris,

I wish it wasn't so, but your statements are correct. It seems like everyone has a family member of dear friend battling this disease. I just found out about 2 new cases of cancer within our circle of friends. It stinks.

You are a strong person. You will be able to help your friend in so many ways.

Take care,
Carl

Kris,
I am so sorry about your friend and yes cancer sucks!
Sending hugs and prayers
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

Dear Kris -
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  I am sure you were a huge comfort to him and his family during the process with your strong spirit, spitfire energy and relentless positive attitude.