Topic: Watching World Cup Soccer?

Exciting day....US vs. American Team

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Watching World Cup Soccer?

US hanging on in there by the skin of their teeth. THings stay as they are for the next 5 mins in both games then US will go through. US been poor in this game though, tough opponents the Germans!

And for those who may have skipped work to watch the game, fill in this letter and hand to your boss!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2109 … -klinsmann

smile

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Well done to the US! You should have Belgium in the next round.

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

I just knew it, Gavin, that you are watching.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

USA...USA....love it!
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

You got that right Marion, you know me too well! Only thing wrong with this world cup is that Scotland didn't qualify for it, again.... Ok, I'll get on board with the US then, USA, USA!!

I see from the news here this morning that football is finally getting more coverage in the US, is everyone watching the world cup now? They even mentioned loads on CNBC last night that lots of traders stopped trading at the NYSE to watch the last hour of the game, never thought I'd hear that!!!

Gavin....correct, soccer is  catching on in this country.  In fact, many children play soccer but then don't continue it on to adulthood as it happens in the rest of the world.  I love watching many different sports, but soccer is my favorite of all.
Sorry about the Scot's not qualifying this year.  Anyone from Dundee on the team?
Hugs,
Marion

Glad to hear that football is catching on in the US and I know that the MLS is getting bigger each year. Many of the best players from over here are looking to end out their careers over there. I guess that the payday helps as well for them!

Nope, no one from Dundee in the Scottish team but I wouldn't expect that as Dundee are not the biggest of clubs here. We haven't qualified for the World cup for some year now. Dunno how the Brazilians would feel about the tartan army marching down their streets going to the games though. This is what happened the last time we played in Paris and beat the French 1-0. This is just a few of us going to the game! smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGVCjf6B8c

Hugs,

Gavin

Today feels weird with no World Cup!

I guess I can go work on the patient registry smile

Jason

Hilarious, Gavin. 
Jason, just think of all you can accomplish today!  Thanks a million. 
Hugs,
Marion

Glad that you liked that one Marion!

And more games tomorrow Jason, looking forward to this part of the tournament starting now!

smile

My daughter is in Russia for the summer doing research for a PhD.  Met no one to socialize with during month there until yesterday's game. She ventured alone into a neighborhood pub to see the game and found a  group of students from the US. One had gone to her undergrad school and one attending where she is now. Small world...US soccer fans will find each other even in Kazan.

It's funny but we watch the World Cup every time and quite often games that are not US games. We started years ago when our daughter got hung up on David Beckham. At that time we were recording middle of the night games so we could watch.
And actually we know several adults that still play regularly....including Mark's boss who just broke his foot playing, a couple of cousins (they met at a soccer match in college) and others. I used to play (not very well but loved it) and coached my brother's team one year. I am glad it's really catching on.....not to say that I don't still LOVE American football.

Go USA!

KrisV

Any advice given is based on my experiences and should not be substituted for any medical recommendations. Please speak with your provider before making any changes.

My daughter was a keeper in us during high school and then played for a college team over in england during JR year of college.  One highlight was her attending Tim Howard's summer training camp when she was 15- he told her she had good hands. She used to say it was our fault that she's only 5 foot 6.  It turned out to be a blessing and although soccer is still a passion, academics have taken her much further (to Russia).

Wow! World cup fever is spreading to the US too now, excellent! Over here as you could imagine kids start playing it at a very, very early age, just as soon as they are physically able to kick a ball really! The very, very best kids could be signed up for professional teams when they are still at school, 13, 14 etc but only the very best will ever get that far, a tiny percentage really.

Adults who play for fun, well there are literally hundreds of teams here in Dundee alone never mind the whole of Scotland.It's the number one sport in the UK and always will be. And to say that it can get tribal with loyalties etc would be a huge understatement! Went to my first Dundee match with my dad when I was about 5 I think.

Over the years we have had quite a lot of players from the US coming over to the UK and Europe to better their careers in their prime and that seems to be the way forward just now for the US game. My own club Dundee has a Texan consortium as owners now, Keyes Capital in Texas and has tie up's with  a team in Texas. Think that our coaches were over in Texas this summer running training camps on behalf of Dundee FC. Could be some promising young American players heading to my team as well! smile