Topic: Hi, All

Hi, everyone,

This may not be the last message I will write to all of you, but just in case, thanks for all your concern about me over the past 5 years.
It is not a journey that I want to travel, but when asked to travel on it, I have to accept without argument.
From my point of view, the cure  is still a long way to come base on current research development.,
As patients who currently have this cancer, we are the pioneers of finding the cure but not the recipient  of  the fruitful outcome. Knowing that, most if not all about the current treatments are palliative in nature . The lucky few are the 5% or so who have the chance of  complete removal the tumor with surgery.
The most important prognostic factor is the location of  each of the tumor occurrence  as far as my experience is concern.it dictates the treatment plans and therefore the outcome of the progress of this disease. When it metastasize outside the  organ, most likely it will be too late for cure under most  current  treatment plans.
Good luck to all and
God bless.

Please know that my personal opinion is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. If  provided, information are for educational purposes.Consult doctor is a MUST for changing of treatment plans.

Re: Hi, All

Percy, I am not sure what to say except meeting you this way I have grown to love you. You are a wonderful person full of dignity and a whole bunch of caring. I consider it an honor to have become your friend. I don't know for sure what is happening but if it is what I suspect, please let your wife know we are here for her as well. I hope you are comfortable and know that you have made a huge difference in the lives of  many people, I have been missing you already......love and God Bless.....Lainy

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Percy,

I agree with all that Lainy has said.  You have given so much to this board and will be greatly missed.   Know that we are all thinking of you and hoping that you are comfortable and pain free.   We are also here to help and support your dear wife if she feels the need.  It has been an honor and a pleasure getting to know you through your posts.   

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Percy,
You have been an inspiration to me! I always look at your posts with anticipation of learning something new about our disease.  You have provided so much support, research and hope to all of us. Our family prays for you daily. May God bless you and comfort you.
Love
Lisa

This Information Is Not Intended Nor Implied To Be A Substitute For Professional Medical Advice. You Should Always Seek The Advice Of Your Physician Or Other Qualified Health Care Provider

God be with you

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Percy,

I swore I  wasn't going to go to this website tonight as I was not in the right frame of mind.

Life just dealt us a terrible hand and there is no way to change it. Lynn has struggled hard and suffered enough. We are moving to hospice. Your words in your post ring true. We fought hard to gain an edge but the reality of this ugly disease proved overwhelming. This is an ugly disease and no one deserves to go through its challenges.

Like you, this may be my last post my friend. I am sorry we can't make that World Series game at Wrigley. I think we would have enjoyed it.

Take care dear friend. I wish you the best.
Carl

Carl,

I too did not plan to come back here tonight, but now I know why I was drawn back here.   I am so sorry to hear this.  I will keep you and Lynn in my thoughts and prayers along with our dear friend Percy.  Please kept in touch if you are able.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Carl.....Tell Lynn we are all thinking of her...and praying for her....and also for you.

Just for today, I can get through anything.  "Never let fear decide your fate."  (from the band, Awoination.)

Carl, so strange as I went to bed had turned off the computer and here I am also on again. I am so very sorry about Lynn, I had a feeling and was hoping I was wrong. Be strong my friend and we are all here for you. Our love to Lynn and if you need us we are here. I am praying for a comfortable journey for her.

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Percy,

I too am so very proud to call you my friend. I so wish that we could have met another way but this is the way that we have met as it were and I am glad that we have become friends, very glad. Your care, dedication, help for and the support to others is exceptional and you should be very proud of the work that you do here and what you have done for everyone. It is hard to put into words how thoroughly decent, caring and loving a human being you are. You have helped so many people worldwide and I know how grateful and thankful they are for your help over the years.

As Lainy says, please let your wife and son as well know that we are here for them and we will always all be happy to help them if we can.

I so hope that this is not the last post of yours we read, but if it is I wish the very best for you with everything. I am thinking of you and your family right now Percy.

Much love to you my friend,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Carl,

I am really sorry to hear about Lynn this morning. Like Percy I am proud to call you my friend and I wish that none of us and our loved ones had to go through any of this. Lynn has indeed fought very hard with you by her side throughout and I wish the very best for Lynn right now.

You know that we are here for you both Carl and will help if we can my friend. Be strong and my thoughts are with you both.

Much love to you and Lynn,

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Percy,
I am sorry things have progressed to the point where we may not hear from you. I, too, hope you are comfortable. I wish we had been able to meet, for I would love to tell you in person what an inspiration you have been, and how helpful so many of your posts were for me, especially in my fact finding days. I wish you all the best, and pray for you and your wife.

Carl,
I am so saddened to read this. I am so glad to have met you and Lynn. I pray she is comfortable, and I pray for you both. Please keep in touch. And I would like to add that you will always be welcome to join our lunches. They are not just for cc patients, but family as well.

KrisJ
"Don't just have minutes in the day; have moments in time."
Any opinions I give are based on personal experiences, and are not based on medical knowledge. I strongly suggest receiving medical care and opinions.

Percy,

I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all the time you have spent making hundreds of posts that have helped so many people.  Thank you also for the information and thoughts you have given me in person over the past year. 

The disease seems to ebb and flow, but the main arc is pretty consistent for all but a lucky few.  This does seem to be changing, but change is coming ever so slowly.

You have done so much for so many.  Be at peace my friend,

Jason

Dear Percy,

It is very emotional for me to read this post. All these years, you have been "The Caregiver" for every one on this site. You always stepped in, on your good or bad days, to give an advice and hold our hands thru our journeys.
Your illness never stopped you from showing your humanity and love toward others. You knowledge is the light that guides us in our darker days.

I want to thank you, DR Percy, for everything you have done.
You definitely deserve a Doctorate in Humanity.

All my love and respect,

Emad

"For as it goes through fire, passioned with a rebirth desire; it burns to ashes, and a new life dashes; for the Phoenix shall rise"  As I am the Phoenix and i will hold your hands  ...
I will always make you proud
My Angels "SEEK"

Dear Carl,

I have Ms Pacman's blog on my phone, checking it several times a day in hope for the good news.
You and your family have shown so much love, care and strength walking with Lynn on this difficult journey.
My prayers and hopes are with all of you.

Emad

"For as it goes through fire, passioned with a rebirth desire; it burns to ashes, and a new life dashes; for the Phoenix shall rise"  As I am the Phoenix and i will hold your hands  ...
My Angels "SEEK"

Percy,

I remember when I first came to this site and read your information filled posts and how comforting they were for me.  I too am a person who looks at things in a clinical way and need facts as well as comfort and you fulfilled all of those things for me.

The measure of a person is not what they have but what they give, the impression they leave on others who are lucky enough to cross paths with them.  You, my friend, are beyond measure.  You have helped so many, even when you yourself were suffering, always with dignity and care.

I too hope that you are comfortable and that your family is being taken care of. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  I am hoping for peace and serenity for you.

With love and great respect,
-Randi-

Survivor of cholangiocarcinoma (2009), thyroid cancer (1999), and breast cancer (1994).

My comments, suggestions, and opinions are based only on my personal experience as a cancer survivor. Please consult a physician for professional guidance.

Dear Percy,
My heart is very heavy as I read your post. Sometimes life gets so busy, I forget to thank the people who have come into my life and enriched it in so many ways. Sometimes, I forget to tell them how much I really do appreciate them for being an important part of my life. Today Percy, you are in the center of my thoughts and my prayers. You are an amazing man and I am honored to call you my friend.
With much Love and Respect from New Hampshire,
Barbara

Dear Percy,

You have given so much to so many people on this board.   thank you from the bottom of my heart for the advice and support I have had from you.  You have selflessly given knowing that at you so well put it, you are a pioneer and that others, not yourself will benefit.

Percy the Pioneer x

Clare

In the stars now . . . .

Please continue to reach out to Percy and Carl via this discussion board.  It is likely for either of them to take a glance at your postings.
Thanks and hugs,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Thanks Marion, I have been wondering about that. Will do.

Good thinking Marion, will do. Thanks for that.

Percy,

I don't know you well, even through these boards, but when I was first diagnosed and found the CC.org website, and discovered the discussion boards, I referenced your previous posts so many times as they answered many of my questions.  I wish I could say they made me feel better...but as well you know, the data was never really great and still isn't.  But, knowledge is power and I am forever grateful for these boards and to you for everything you have done to bring information to us, to answer questions, make suggestions and in general, be one Hell of a human being.    I just want to say, Thank you, for everything you have done and all the while, dealing with your own illness.  May God hold your hand, and may HIS spirit be with you. 

Iowa Girl
Julie t.

Carl and Percy -
Know that I will keep you in my prayers.  God grant you closure and peace.

Duke

Fighting with dignity, not desperation.

Live, Laugh, Love

Percy and Carl
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers now.

Gerry

Dear Percy, Carl, Sara and every sick person and their families,

You are in my prayers tonight

Saint Charbel pray for all who are suffering

My Angels "SEEK"