Topic: David Cook

It is with great sadness that my father has lost his long fight.  Its still so not real. He was surrounded by his family until is last soft breath.  He will be terribly missed.
Celoi

Re: David Cook

Celoi,

I am so very sorry to hear of your great loss. I lost my Father on the 17th, also surrounded by his family. I still after almost 2 weeks, can't beleive it is real. I am certain your Dad wil be terribly missed as will mine. I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that you were with him until the very end, and fought the fight with him and for him.
You and your family are in my thoughts at this most difficult time.

Much Love,
Lisa

Dear Celoi,
my heart goes out to you and your family.  Your Dad was a brave and wonderful human being, whom I will treasure in my memories, forever. 
My deepest condolences to you and your family,
Marions

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Oh no, Celoi - I never wanted to see this post in this forum.  My heart breaks for you.

It is, however, wonderful to hear he was surrounded by such love.  I hope the peace was felt by all.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Sara

30-something caregiver

Dear Celoi and family,
I am so sorry to hear the news of your father's passing. I hope you are able to find peace and solace in the days ahead, and treasure the love you had with him.

-Joyce

6 (edited by devoncat Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:59:04)

Celoi,
I am so sorry. I had been reading your blog and I knew things were not going well, but I am still taken aback by the news. I hope it was peaceful and I think it must have been very special to have been surrounded by so much love. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Dear Celoi
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
It is such a sad time when we lose our loved ones.
He will be so awfully missed and I wish you peace in the weeks to come.
love and light . teresa Alan's mom

U.K.Member

So sorry to hear of your loss.  My prayers to you and your family. 

Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Dear Celoi, my heart breaks for you.  I know the days ahead and for a long time are going to be tough.  Please hang onto the love you shared and how you were with him in the end.  You're in my prayers.

Carol

Charlene - I am so sorry to hear that your father passed away.  Please know that you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. 
Colleen

Dear Charlene,
   I'm so sorry for your loss. I had hoped your father could continue fighting. He was such an inspiration. I'm sure he was just simply too tired to battle further and he is now in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. Mary

Dear Charlene,   My sincere condolences.  I am so sorry for your loss.  May your Dad rest in peace.
God's Blessings and Strength,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

It is so hard to know what to say other than that we hope the friendship we share with you because of our common bond brings you some comfort at a time when it probably seems as though nothing can bring comfort or peace.  Holding you in our hearts.
Patrice & Dave

there are no words that will comfort, but I will share with you the promise that my son and I make to each other every night, because it applies to you and your father.  No matter when or where or what, you will always be in his heart as he will be in yours.  Holding you in my heart--

Barb

So sorry to hear of your loss.  You Dad's story was one of the first I read when we came on the site 17 months ago.  We will pray for your family tha God will comfort you in this tough time.  God Bless  Mary Anne

Much love to you and your family Celoi.

It's been 2 weeks and 2 days. I am missing my dad so much. Iwished he could have just kept fighting.  At first, his attitude was so positive. I tried to help him remain positive.  He was just tired. Tired of many things. Now his worries are all over.  He is safe and at peace. No more dr's, no more mind games, no more fighting.......

http://www.mem.com/Story.aspx?ID=2203574

celoi (Charlene Eloi)

Charlene,
I know how your heart is broken right now, and I wish I could make it better for you. Your memorial is beautiful - we should all be lucky enough to have fathers like yours.
With you in sympathy,
-Joyce

19 (edited by celoi Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:59:46)

It has been 3 weeks and it seem like 3 years. My father would have been 61 years of age yesterday. I just re-lived Dec 30th in my mind yesterday morning. Some say it gets easier with time. Each day, I just think of what would have happened at a certain time, if he was still living. Last Jan 20th, he called me and said he did not think he would see that day.  Yesterday, he did not see.  All I could say throughout the day as I thought of him, "My poor dad". 
I know he is 'resting' with no worry, no problem. I just wished he was still here. He was so special to me. I am missing him more each day.

celoi

Charlene, I think this was posted a while back:

We Thought of You Today

We thought of you today,
But that is nothing new
We thought of you yesterday
And will tomorrow, too.

We think of you in silence
And make no outward show.
For what it meant to lose you
Only those who love you know.

Remembering you is easy,
We do it everyday.
It's the heartache of losing you
That will never go away.

I don't know who wrote this...loving thoughts are with you.

Carol

Charlene, it is with great sadness that I read your post.  I am so sorry for the loss of your dear father.  I am an only child myself and although I'll be 41 soon, I always thought my Dad would live forever.  He does so in my heart, but I so wish that he were still with us experiencing life. It was one year on January 13th that he passed into spirit. 

I wish you peace of heart and spirit during this difficult time and hope that you will draw comfort in your kind support of your father during his journey.

Missing U

"Father's Day"...

Everyday should be "Father's Day".  I love(d) my father so much everyday.  I am missing him more than ever...but I have no regrets.

Charlene Eloi
Daugher of David Cook

Charlene,
I love the way you talk about your father. I am sure he felt and knew your love while alive and safe in the knowledge that you would always remember what a wonderful father he was.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hya charlene

The way in which you speak of your father tells me, that not only was he your father but your best friend as well.
Relationships like these are like stars in the sky, so special  and last forever.
Hang on to this, he is with you for always.

love and light Alan's mom

U.K.Member

Haven't wrote in a while...

I am still so so sad due to the loss of my wonderful, loving dad. I get so sad I feel like I can't breath sometimes.

Missing him so much.....

celoi
Daughter of David Cook