Peter (from Vermont)
I'm relatively new to this site. I was diagnosed with CC on 3/11/08, one day after sustaining a pulminory embolism. Since the CC call, I've been in a tizzy (like most on here either are or were).
I've been told I have an inoperable situation (my tumor is 7 cm), but am going to go for a second opinion.
I've read almost every post on this site, and took note of your's in a discussion about taking chemo.
If I recall, you said you were 59, had taken chemo, but as of April of '07,
you had decided to forego any more chemo and carry on, seeming hopeful to get one more good summer out of life.
Now I've seen your post from Feb. of this year, and wonder how you're doing? And if there's anything else besides chemo (diet, supplements, etc.)
that you are utilizing?
From what I've read on this site, it's probable I'll have to be making a decision about chemo very soon. I'm older (66) and as I said, my tumor is large, so maybe an initial dose of chemo would shrink it and allow for a longer chemo-free life, than if I would just say no to chemo from the outset.
I don't think you're a doctor, and I apologize big time for seemingly placing you in a position where you might think that your opinion could be detrimental to my future. Rest assurred, I am responsible for my decisions
and your opinion would be valued but perhaps not followed. Again, I will
make my own decision.
Thanks for reading this, and I would truly appreciate your views.
And , in fact, if others on here would like to add comments, they too would
be deeply appreciated. Thanks.