Topic: Renewed Driver's License (quite a shock)

I went to renew my drivers licence today and the clerk ask if all my information was correct?  I said yes and then immediately said my wieght may have changed.  Within the last 4 years my wieght has go from 215 1lbs downd to 180 lbs. .  Really did not think much of it at the moment but as soon as they printed off my new picture I was shocked.  I had to ask my wife to look at my picture and asked her if I really looked like this?  They say 185 is ideal for my hieght but oh my, my face and neck was like the runt of a litter.  Well, I guess i'd better eat something with a little more substance.  I suppose some of it could be I'm another 4 years older but I'll contribute most of it to cc treatments; radiation and chemo.  So for those of you getting ready to renew a photo ID be prepared.  I think my ideal weight is where I need to stay.  Keep the slim Fast meals away from me Ha!
God Bless,
Jeff G.
P.S.  17 days and a wake up for Hawaii!

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: Renewed Driver's License (quite a shock)

Jeff,
I hate getting my drivers license renewed. It is just horrible. I put on loads of weight during my PhD studies and when I went to get it renewed, the woman at the counter would not accept my old license as id because I had gotten so large! She didnt believe one could put on so much weight in such a small amount of time. I had to go get my passport. Now because of the surgery, I have lost the weight and am back to being normal sized. I bet if I went again I would need to bring my passport for id as normal, healthy people dont lose weight that fast.

Dont worry about the picture. NOBODY looks good in them. And we all want you here, looking older and thinner is just a sign you are a 9 year fighter.

Good luck sticking to your ideal weight and enjoy that Hawaii trip.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Hi Kris,
Thanks for the encouraging words.  Your right the pic's always look like crap.  What is the latest with you? In or out of hospital, Transplant or surgery?  Sorry I have had a hard time keeping up with all the new posts.  Hope you are doing okay and making headway?
Toodles!
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Out for the moment. However, who knows. The latest....I have developed an allergy to medical plastic. So my drain and bandages are causing new problems. You have to admit it is funny though. The nurse looked at the rash and was like, NOBODY is allergic to medical grade plastic. It is so rare. I of course had to say "More rare than a 33 yr old with cholangiocarcinoma?" The answer...no. I am just one strange duck.

Still waiting on results so just hanging out. I went back to Swedish class today after a 2 week absence and it was great! Hopefully results will come in at the beginning of next week and then we will see.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Kris,
another one of the unpedictable, unexpected and highly, unlikely occurences of being confronted with CC, and all that comes with it.
Thinking of you and hoping for a non-allergy causing solution to your problems.
Hugs
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi Jeff and Kris-Dave had to show his driver's license when we flew to Philly to the Cancer Treatment Center and the person at security said "what the heck happened to you" when he looked at Dave's license.  He weighs about 60 lbs. less than in that picture.  He used to be quite overweight and is now way below ideal body weight.  He doesn't get another picture until next year.  ( yesterday was his birthday)  But, you're right....nobody likes there license picture.

pderat wrote:

Hi Jeff and Kris-Dave had to show his driver's license when we flew to Philly to the Cancer Treatment Center and the person at security said "what the heck happened to you" when he looked at Dave's license.  He weighs about 60 lbs. less than in that picture.  He used to be quite overweight and is now way below ideal body weight.  He doesn't get another picture until next year.  ( yesterday was his birthday)  But, you're right....nobody likes there license picture.

Tell Dave happy birthday !!!! Valeri's birthday was yesterday also , the day of love 2-14-?
                                                 God bless,
                                                                Matt & Valeri
www.highwayofhope.com

Wow!  That's great!  Maybe having the same birthday and both going to CTCA will bring us good luck.  I hope so for you and us.
Patrice