Topic: Butch's resection was successful

Hello everybody - Butch was operated on here at UPMC , by Dr. Gambling, on Wednesday (instead of Tuesday). The operation was successful - he is in Transplant ICU at the present, but will be moved to a room tonight. They took 3/4 of his liver, and the operation lasted 12 1/2 hours - what a day, I can tell you. I am so greatful that Dr. Gamblin was able to accomplish this for us. Can't monitor the site as much as usual - no wireless or computer hookups here at Family House - only one computer for ALL of us to share, so - it is tough - but - will catch up. We will probably be here 2 weeks - maybe longer.

Thanking God,

Joyce

Re: Butch's resection was successful

What wonderful news!!  You are both in our prayers for a speedy and successful recovery.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Joyce,
so glad to hear for everything to have worked out so well. 
Hugs to you and Butch,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Joyce,
I am very happy for you and butch. You will be in my my thoughts and prayers.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Joyce,

Sending get well wishes and God's blessings and love to you and Butch!

Love,
Heather

Joyce... Super news about Butch.  Wish him a steady and speedy recovery!
Jeff g.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Great news Joyce!! If Tom has a recurrence we're heading to Pittsburgh too!!! Take care and best wishes, Mary