Topic: two thoughts

When dad was so sick from chemo, or depressed because of the inevitable outcome, I remember feeling such conflict -- dread that ran through my whole being all the while trying to be sunny and supportive for dad.  My cousin, who is my rock, offered me the following quote:

'Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time.  Invite one to stay'.    ~inspired by Maya Angelou

My cousin's mother, since passed away from breast cancer, offered to me the following quote when my dad was first diagnosed with CC this past January...I do not know the origin, I do know the comfort that it brings:

'The will of God will not lead you where the grace of God will not protect you'.

Peace be with you all,
Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Re: two thoughts

Wonderful quotes and I feel good already!!!!  Thank you. I am going to make a file of all these wonderful quotes that everyone has been contributing.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: two thoughts

I love those too. Now off to invite hope.

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope