Topic: CC Letters to Oprah

Good Morning CC warriors! Start thinking about your letters from Patients and Caretakers and bring them on!!! September 15th is the deadline to make yourselves heard! Patient letters to Sophie and Caretakers to me. Looking forward to the e-mails.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Re: CC Letters to Oprah

Good Morning, oh you warriors of cc.  I got Lisa's letter.  You go, Lisa!  Let's do those letters, folks!

You know what?   I was diagnosed with this disease 6 months ago, and I spent so much time reading on this site crying...almost hating the site because it scared me so but drawn to it because I need the wealth of information so much.  And now this site has raised my spirits.  Even though I sometimes am fearful, my thoughts are more positive because of this site. 

And here is something.  I got so tired of everybody telling me the crying was bad for me, and I needed antidepressants.  I looked at all my old report cards, and my second grade teacher gave me N's (needs improvement) straight across the board for controls emotions.  SO THERE!!!  I've always been a crier.
I have every right to cry when I want to.  Venting to myself here.

My prayers to you all,
Sophie

Howdy Girlys! Just got some time to sit down and look things over....I have been sooooo busy with life that I haven't had time to sit down and go over the site...what are we writing and sending letters for?  What might they include? And to what e-mail do I send them to? The enthusiasim the two of you have is contagious! I want to be a part of it!  I'm tired of sadness and frustration and insurance and chemo and pain and stress and anger and confusion and anxiety and worry and bitterness and well....you all know!  Time for some uplift and go get em! 

Love,
Heather

Good Morning!! CC is a well known secret to all but us who are Patients or Caretakers. We have decided to send as many letters as we can get to the Oprah show and maybe, just maybe she will invite us to come out of our bile ducts!!  We are trying to get the point out there that this is an evil monster that is being neglected. If you are a patient  e mail your letter to Sophie and if you are a Caretaker email it to me. We have a September 15th deadline and am wishing and hoping for at least  50 letters. Everyone out there this is your reminder as well for today. The letter should be no longer than 1 page and state your trials and tribulations.  Please join as it will make you feel better to write it down and in the end we hope it will benefit all of us!!

Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Good Morning Lainy,   I'm so happy to see Sophie and You taking this proactive approach for CC awareness.  Oprah Show is a great way to start!  I'll get hopping and get my letter e-mailed to you all .  Thank You both for your Volunterism and dedication.

God Bless,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Hello Jeff!  By the way, I think all us girls owe your wife a huge thank-you for sharing you with us the way she does!  You are the "other" man in our lives!!!
I went a step further this morning and I e mailed friends and family and asked them if they would like to just write a few words and I would combine their feelings in one letter as well.It might be a nice outlet for them. Taking it to the limit one more time. We love ya!!!

Sophie,

How cute are you that you still have your second grade report card! Keep wearing your heart on your sleeve!

I am going to start working on my letter.

Patty

Lainy wrote:

Hello Jeff!  By the way, I think all us girls owe your wife a huge thank-you for sharing you with us the way she does!  You are the "other" man in our lives!!!
I went a step further this morning and I e mailed friends and family and asked them if they would like to just write a few words and I would combine their feelings in one letter as well.It might be a nice outlet for them. Taking it to the limit one more time. We love ya!!!

Lainy scored when she said you are the other man in our lives.  I don't believe I've ever seen a more handsome, talented, articulate, poetic, intelligent, knowledgeable, athletic guy with a rapier wit.   Let's throw in snappy dresser, and I bet you're one heck of a dancer.

Please friends, let's do this letter thing.  It sure can't hurt.  I have a letter from Lisa and one coming in from Patty and (ahem) Jeffy-Poo. 

My prayers for all of you,
Sophie

Hey Lainy!  I'm up here in Camp Verde!  If there is ANYTHING I can do to help you...please let me know.....aside from taking care of Lee and Emilee and my 20 little kindergartner's...I would love to do anything I could...I'm just an hour away...there is one thing...I don't know an e-mail address to send my letter to...I know as a Caretaker I send mine to you....but I don't know where to send it to...please let me know asap! Till then I will pray that through God's hand this will be the start to something incredible!

Love,
Heather

10 (edited by JeffG Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:28:45)

Lainey and Sophie,
I might suggest you set up a separate free hotmail address for your letters and then delete afterward. That's if you want to add protection of your perm e-mail address.  I'm not sure if you can copy and paste to site, never tried. Rick where are you?

Jeff G.

Heather and all you other great people, if you click on email under our names it will bring up and email to send it to. I have already got several by people who did that. Or just send it to .....lainy@wbhsi.net, thats for the Caretakers.
I didn't know we were neighbors. Do you use a doctor in Phoenix????

I don't know what I was thinking, Dah! I suggested that in the first place didn't I?  Maybe I just had some delayed chemo brain. I can still use that as an excuse right?  Ha! My wife woulddn't buy it though.
Cheerios,
Jeff G.

YEP!  Lee's onocologist is Dr. Peter Mathern at Arizona Oncology...Lee was diagnosed and treated many times at John C. Lincoln Deer Valley...we give all kudos to them for saving Lee's life.....we feel very blessed with such super care so close!

Love and smiles,
Heather

Small World, Teddy is using Dr. John Kresl from the very same group for his radiation and hopefully cyberknife!

We go on Fridays have been since May and will continue into next year! They are all phenomenal docs...not to mention truly caring, genuine people...by the way...just click on the email below your name...what a concept...I feel that as of late...I'm beginnin to think like my little kindergartner's!!!

Heather, we will be at St. Joe's for Teddy's radiation Friday morning about 815AM - 900AM. Do you go to St. Joe's?

No...we don't....Lee would love to get together....you know....the more the merrier....we go to John C. Lincoln up on Yorkshire....we would love to chat and join together in this battle

18 (edited by JeffG Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:19:03)

Hi Sophie ...let me know if my letter arrived intact. Thanks a bunch!  Your a sweet heart!  I will admit my face turned a few shades of red,but with such bueatiful words you all piled  on me ,I loved it! How can I act? like a fool Ha!
Spohie ,would you do me a favor and reply or forward back,so I cajn have a record of it.  Thanks for going thr extra mile girl, it'll pay off, I'm sure.
Bless you all!
jeff G.

Everyone on this site is so special and wondeful and inspirational in his or her own way.  I check in every day to see how everyone is doing.  I hope that our little campaign to Oprah works.  You never know.  Look what the campaign for breast cancer awareness and research has done to increase the odds of survival for that disease.

And maybe we can get our own goodies in bile duct green!  LOL