Thank you again for hte good thoughts. I cannot get myself together at all. They did beat me up prettygood before deciding to end the surgery -- four or five surgical incisions around the abdomen which are still pretty uncomfortable.
Sophie -- they did not call it cirrhosis, bur interestingly, the first biopsy of the tumor (I got to have two of those) was useless because they got "only" scar tissue and not tissue from tumor itself. This seems to tell me that cirhossis or fatty liver or ecarring or whatever was a huge possibility, and I am quite angry that there was no distinct biopsy of the liver itself (and not just an effort to get tumor tissue) prior to surgery. If I'd known months ago surgery was not an option, I think things might have proceeded differently.
Also I do have the intrahepatic kind and it is very cvlose to the hepatic vein so transplant not an option.
I see the doc again end of the month. In the mean time I have no symptoms whatsoever and my plan is to accept no treatment whatsoever until, at least, the time when symptoms occur. I don't see a strong enough argument to do things any other way.
Strength to us all,
(or as Dickens said, Bless Us, Everyone.)