Topic: new to site
I am 51 years old diagnosised 8/08 with cholangiocarcinoma had surgery to remove tumor and was closed up-non-operatable tumor with metal stents in place my surgeon told me I was Stage III. I just spent the last week in the hospital for a bacteria infection in my blood because I had a stent placed and the bile backed up. While I was in the hospital my stents where changed to metal stents so I am grateful to not have another ercp in the near future. I met with an oncologist and radiologist while I was in the hospital and I have a follow up with both of them tomorrow to make a decision on a course of treatment. The recommended treatment is chemo 2 cycles with gentacyabin and oxplatin and avastin then cyberknife if I am still a candidate then chemo again. I am thinking that I just want to go for cyberknife right now and put chemo on hold. I don't want to miss the opportunity to have cyberknife. My surgeon told me I have 1 to 2 years to live the fellow of my oncologist said months.....Does anyone have any thoughts. Please help.