Topic: At Home Hospice care For Jeff

My first ambulance ride to ER yesterday.  Coughed and unexplained pain everywhere.  Officially on Hospice as of today.  Ribs 4, 6,7,8,9,10 all mets, both lungs, soft tissue tumors playing with spinal nerves causing impaction of bowels.  Who Knows what else.  How long on hospice who Knows?  No Juandice as of yet , just full of pain meds again.  Happy Thanksgiving as best as possible to all.  Once pain is under control I'll pop on ocassionally to how everyone is doing.  I get to watch christmas tree lights be put on this year.
God Bless,
Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Re: At Home Hospice care For Jeff

I was thinking about you today while waiting for Teddy to get his fiduciary implants. What can I say that I have not said to you? Once in a while  a wonderful person makes a difference in our life and you are one of those special people!  You are in our thoughts and prayers as we wish for you peace and no pain!  I was thinking of you today and will think of you always!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Jeff,

You are also in my thoughts & prayers and wishing you also as good of a Thanksgiving as is possible.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hya Jeff

I feel something has put me on here tonight to write before my bedtime.

You helped to keep me sane during my early days on here with so many others too.
I wish you a pain free time so very soon and hope you are comfortable and will be up and about very quickly.
I will be thinking of you so very much. love and light teresa Alans mom

U.K.Member

Dear Jeff, I hope the meds get your pain under control quickly.  I pray the transition with your Hospice team goes smoothly.  I know you'll tell them what you think.  Lots of love to you and Valerie!

Carol

Jeff,  Lee, Emilee and I will send a very special prayer for you tonite.

Thanks Jeff, I hope you get the pain under control soon.

Jeff,

Yes, you must pop in when you feel like it, if you remember I am a librarian and Jeff you really are like a walking reference book on cc! You are so helpful with people's questions and your advice about difficult treatment decisions is always very thoughtful.

As I have said before, one for all and all for Jeff!

Patty

9 (edited by Karen Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:02:39)

Jeff,
Sending special prayers for you and your family.  Sit back, relax and enjoy the holidays as best as possible.  You are truly an inspiration and I feel privileged to have made your acquaintance on this website.  Wish I could give back to you as much as you have given to us.
God Bless,
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Jeff, do you have a blog?

Jeff,

I am sad to hear that you've had so much pain.  Your candor and continual grace under fire is an inspiration to me as we all have our trials. I hope that you'll have a good Thanksgiving.  We have much to be grateful for.

G

Dear Jeff,

You have and continue to be a godsend here on this site.  I've learned much from reading your posts and have smiled often through tears at your humor and ability to live your life to the fullest.  Please know at this time of thanksgiving I am truly thankful to have the honor and privilage of your aquaintance on the net.

Have a hopefully pain free Thanksgiving and know that you and your family are in my heart and thoughts.

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Jeff

Keep strong my man.  I am over here in Scotland rooting for you.

All the very best
Ron

Ive known you a short time on this site, but through your  words, I have come to understand the strength of your character.  You have made me laugh, cry, think, reflect, forgive, accept....

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your
rod and your staff, they comfort me.
PSALM 23

You are in my thoughts and prayers
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Jeff,

I wish for you the very best possible care.  May your heart be surrounded by peace, comfort and most of all love.  You are an inspiration with how you deal with your illness.  You have given freely of yourself to help others along the way, teaching them from your experience, endlessly comforting those who are newly diagnosed or their caregivers.  You are a beacon leading the way through the fog and I feel blessed to have "met" you through this site.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Brightest Blessings,
Missing U

Jeff -

My prayers and thoughts are with you during these trying times.  When I posted my first message regarding my dad's CC a couple of months ago on these boards, you were the first person who responded, and I knew from that moment I came to the right place.  Your positive attitude, fighting spirit, and wealth of knowledge are an inspiration to all.  My best to you and your family during this season of Thanksgiving.

Jan

Dear Jeff,
I echo what everyone else said so eloquently - get rid of that pain, have a happy Thanksgiving and we will all be giving thanks for your continued presence here, supporting us and making us smile. You're one in a billion.
Joyce M

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving with all your dear ones!

You are an inspiration to us all, and you give me SO much strength and encouragement.

Kristin

Peace, hope, and healing to all!

Thinking of you, Jeff, and your family.   Keep the faith...and take it to the limit one more time!

Jolene

"Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do, to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid, to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain."     ~g. b. hinckley

Dear Jeff,
   Yours was one of the first "voices" I heard when I came on this board. You have meant so much to so many. I will be praying for you that God will allow the meds to work and you will not be in pain. You are such an inspiration to myself and others. I look forward to your continued presense - and wisdom -here.

God's peace to you my friend,

Joyce

Hi Jeff,

Keep up the positive spirit!  We are thinking of you always.
Your CC family.

Lots of hugs and kisses to you!!!

Charlene Eloi
Daughter of David Cook

May you fine peace and comfort from your family and those on this site who care about you whom you have provided such wisdom and knowledge.

Jeff - Keep fighting and keep that positive spirit of yours positive.  Keep taking this disease to its limits and then take it to the limits one more time.  You have been such an inspiration for all of us here.  I wish you pain relief and comfort.  I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Colleen

Jeff,

Wishing you and your family all the best. You're a huge inspiration to me and others here. I will never forget that email you sent me and the affect it had on me, you know the one.

Here's another Scotsman rooting for you.

Cheers

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

Ah Jeff, my niece Hollie just told me you are in hospice care.  I have been staying off the site for awhile.  Jeff, your emails, information, and compassion you have shown me have meant the world to me.  Your heart
and concern for all of us shows what a special man you are with strength of character and love for everyone.  So many times I have been so depressed, and I'd think of something you said, and I'd feel more lighthearted.  God Bless You, Jeff.  You're in my prayers. 

Love,
Sophie