Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Re: Bad news

Hans,
Prayers...what else can I say.
Karen

Wishing all God's blessings!

Hans, you can hijack us anytime! Yes, I recall that very post and for the life of me I can't remember who but I just know that by morning someone will answer with the name. Please, tell Kris we are all thinking of her and praying for her and I think she could have used a stronger term than a shi--y day! It would certainly apply.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hans,

I don't have an answer for you either, but know that my thoughts & prayers are with both of you. I am sure someone will come up with something for you shortly. I will be hoping for the best outcome for Kris.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

5 (edited by JeffG Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:17:42)

Hans, in the google custom search above, enter vena cava tumor and I think you will find what your looking for. liver, heart, and vascular surgeon all involeved, removing vien and replacing with synthetic material. Wish you both the best .  Keep us posted and Kris's spirits high---  the battle has just begun and you should know Kris don't give up easy.  Relentless disease!!!!         .
God Bless,
JeffG.

devoncat wrote:

This is actually not Kris

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Hi Hans & Kris

I'm so sorry to hear this news and my heart goes out to you both.  Thanks for letting us know Hans.  I think Kris is thinking of Gale (gale 918) who had involvement of her inferior vena cava and they were able to resect it.  There may be others as well so, as Jeff mentioned, go into the search engine and you may find other posts regarding this.

Know that I'm sending all positive thoughts and prayers your way. 

Jean

Hi Hans,
Please send Kris our best wishes and let her know she's in our prayers.

Hans it is so nice to finally meet you.  This is not the news we were hoping for.  As you have said much more will be known after tomorrow but, I also wanted to point out that there have been cases (on this board) where the turmor had wrapped around the portal vein and  the surgeon was able to peel if off (literally) without causing any damage.  I am hoping for a good strategy to come about and I am sending all my love to Kris and you.
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hans,
As Marions said, it's so good to meet you after hearing so much about you, but I"m sorry it's under these circumstances. No information to give you, just support and hope flying your way - I know Kris can beat this latest obstacle. We're all pulling for the two of you.
Joyce M

Hello Hans

I am sure you will now be able to trace the information you asked about, but I just wanted to pass on my very best wishes to Kris.  We were both operated on in the same hospital in Scotland and so I think have always been especially interested in how each other is getting on.  She has great spirit snd once the shock has lessened, I am sure she will come out fighting.   

I realise that this is also a very difficult time for you and my thoughts are with you too.

Kind regards

Ron

Thank you all!

Found Gale's post, and it does seeem to be what Kris was talking about. Will bring her your well wishes today...

/Hans

Hans/Kris,
So sorry for this setback- but that's all it is. Kris you are young and strong and can keep up the fight. All of our prayers and positive thoughts are sent your way!! Mary

Hi Hans and Kris,

I'm sorry to hear of this news. I wish you both all the very best in fighting this, as I am sure that you will do. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and I hope for the very very best for the two of you.

Thinking of you both.

Gavin

Any advice or comments I give are based on personal experiences and knowledge and are my opinions only, they are not to be substituted for professional medical advice. Please seek professional advice from a qualified doctor or medical professional.

So, we had the doctor-patient conference.

The tumour is described as a flat disc, some 2-3 inches in diameter, located outside the liver, and pressing on the duodenum. It is to the back of the stomach, very close to, but not wrapped around, the large portal vein. The chances of it being possible to remove it surgically seem very, very small, if at all existing. The tumour has been lurking, and slowly growing, for many months, possibly since the original surgery two years ago.

There is not yet a plan of action

Thank you Hans for keeping us informed and for allowing us to send our love to Kris.  There is always some good news that being no portal vein involvement and of course, that Kris is able to drink and walk a bit.  Has radiation been mentioned? 
Tons of hugs coming your way,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Dear Hans,

Thank you so much for the update.  I'm glad to hear that she's now walking around the hospital room.  Please give her a hug for me.

G

Kris and Hans,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep thinking positive. My husband was not able to have surgery and we were told that the tumor encased the portal vein and hepatic artery. He just finished 5 weeks of daily radiation and is currently taking a morning and evening dose of Xeloda. He has done very well so far. We will have an MRI done in February to see if the tumor has shrunk. If it has, we are hoping he will be able to have Cyberknife treatments as suggested by our Radiation Oncologist. There are so many treatments out there. Please ask your doctors about radiation. My husband got through the treatments with only fatigue as a side effect. Please let Kris know that her friends on this site are sending our love and prayers with lots of hope that she will get stronger each day.
                                                                     Debbie

Thanks for the update Hans.  I will be hoping for the best for Kris.  Please let us know how things are going when you have a chance. My thoughts & prayers are with both of you.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Hans and Kris,
I am so sorry to hear about your recent setback.  I am sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.  As everyone else has said, there are so many possible treatments out there.  Please try and stay positive.  We are all here for you.  Big hugs to you.
Amy

Hans and Kris

Thanks for the update, though I know we were all hoping for better news.  I'll be interested to hear why they think surgery may not be an option given that there isn't vascular involvement.  It does seem as if Cyberknife very well maybe an option, or even combined with a course of external beam radiation prior to the Cyberknife.  Are they planning a PET/CT Scan?  I know you really have no answers yet and here I am with so many questions! 

I'm glad to hear that Kris is able to be up and around a bit and able to drink some things.  That's good news that she seems to be recovering pretty quickly from the surgery.

Just know we're all sending love, prayers, and positive thoughts to you both.  And thanks Hans for keeping us posted...it is much appreciated.

Jean

Kris and Hans,

Sorry to hear this news but, Kris, I know you got spunk, keep your chin up and Hans, please keep us informed.

Patty

Hans and Kris,
   Keep your spirits up, and think positive thoughts. We will all be thinking of you and praying for the best.

Joyce C.

A brief update on Kris

"One thing Kris is very clear about is that false hope is nothing but a burden"

How true that is.  I feel like if things start going bad, I will be disappointing their faith in me or in God. 

Hans, thanks for the update.  Please continue to tell Kris that she is in our thoughts and prayers.  I'm glad she is up and moving around.

Hans,

I also want to thank you for taking the time to let us all know what is going on.  It is good  to hear that she is able to eat a little & is also able to get up & around some.  I am sure it is comforting to her to have you there by her side. It is great that you are able to do that & be there for her. As  Lisa already said, let her know she is in all of our thoughts & prayers. We are all hoping for the best for both of you.

Try to take care of yourself too Hans so that you can be strong for Kris.

Love & Cyber Hugs for both of you,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply