Topic: Results of my CT scan today

Hi everybody,
Well, I have good news and bad news.  The good news is that the tumor in the liver has remained the same size.  The bad news is that I have 8-10 nodes in each lung.  So I'm starting a new chemo called oxaliplatin today to help control it.  The nodes in the lungs are really small right now.  All are less than 8 mm.  The bad news is that they have greatly multiplied in the three months since my last scan.

Hopefully this new chemo won't knock my socks off and I won't have bad side effects.   This is going to increase the chances of my early retirement, though.

Re: Results of my CT scan today

Hi Lisa...  I was on Oxaliplatin for a while and the effects, primarily for me were sensitivity to cold and heat with fingers and feet.  I hope you handle the new treatment well.  I had basically the same happen with my liver and lungs. I still have great O2 saturation.
Bless Ya,
Jeff G.

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Lisa, good about the good news, sorry about the bad news. Knowing you, you will turn it all in to good news. The good news being that you do have the options you are taking. Stay strong and know that we are wishing the very best for you. You go girl!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hey Lisa --

Sending all my best wishes and good thoughts your way. Somehow, we go on, don't we?

-Irene

Lisa...I relish in the good news and accept the not so good one.   You most likely know already but, the "Search Function" will show quite a few discussions in re: to Oxyplatin. 
Tons of good wishes coming your way
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Lisa,

Hang in there.  My mom (77) had 5 rounds of oxyplatin and gemcitibine.  She did remarkably well with the only side effect being the cold neuropathy.  That usually only lasted about 2 days after the treatment.  She did not have any nausea. 

I hope you do as well as she did!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!

Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Lisa, Mom is on oxaliplatin.  Like everyone has said, her main side effect was the cold.  She is also quite tired.

Sending lots of love your way,
Amy