Topic: My Dad is gone...

My Dad, Jack, passed away yesterday, just four months from his original cc diagnosis.  He was at home, in the arms of his family. Dad never gave up hope, never wanted to hear of stages & forbid discussions on prognosis. He insisted I wash & wax his car last week because the chemo would be over soon and spring is around the corner. He was making plans to buy a summer boat. 

That quiet time and disconnect of Dad

Re: My Dad is gone...

Tess,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your letter sounds beautiful. I am sure he already knew everything you have written. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope

Tess

I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved dad.  From all of your postings, we all came to know him in some way and I could always picture his steadfast optimism in the face of all he went through.  I know he was surely loved so very much.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jean

Tess, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your one and only daddy.  Please find comfort that now this dreadful disease will not harm him anymore and he is resting, until you meet him again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Smiles through tears,
Patsy

Tess,
   I cannot tell you how sorry I am at your news. Truly, heaven has another angel now, and your Dad has joined our loved ones in a place where there is no pain. Did I ever tell you that when I picture Butch in heaven, I usually think about him playing golf on a perfect green somewhere up there, under a perfect blue sky. Did your Dad play golf? If so, I can picture them playing together! I am sure that your Dad knew all the things you were saying in your letter, and he will watch over you and your family now.

Love - Joyce

Tess,

I am so sorry to hear this news. It seemed from your posts that his condition was somewhat stable.

My thoughts and prayers are with you,

Jan

Dear Tess,

I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember that he is no longer suffering from the pain of this terrible disease. He is now in a better place. He will be with you in your heart & memories forever. I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers during this time of sadness & grieving.

Love,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

Dear Tess,
I am so sorry about your dad. He sounds like a wonderful man, and I'm sure he knew how lucky he was to have such a caring and loving daughter. His spirit and optimism will live on through you and your children. May he rest in peace.
Joyce M

Dear Tess, we are very sorry to hear that your dad passed on. You have been a truly loving and caring daughter and you were lucky to have each other. The idea of a letter is absolutely beautiful. If he has read it yet I bet he is thinking, mmmmm  I should have raised her allowance so she could have put a stamp on it!! What a loving thing to do. The horrible journey is now over and you can always be assured that you eased his way. Take care of yourself now and know that our prayers are with you and your family.

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Tess, I'm so sorry it came on so quickly.  That's great that you wrote your Dad a letter.  He knows what a wonderful daughter you are.  My heart aches for you.  Take care of yourself.

Praying for better tomorrows,
Carol

Tess

Gone too soon.  I am so sorry for the loss of your dad.

You and your family in my prayers.

Michelle

"My dad, Tony, passed away on 4 October 2010, after a 19 month battle with CC"   - I carry you in my heart, Dad, forever.

Dear Patsy, Kris, Jean, Michelle, Jan, Marion, Barbara, Carol, Lainy, Joyce & Darla, thank you so much for your kind words & notes, and for continuing to keep Dad and my family in your prayers.

Love,
Tess

Tess,
We're so sorry to hear about your father.  We also thought he had a long journey yet in his valiant struggle.  You will certainly find comfort in knowing you were there for him 100% in all ways, and that he knows you're a strong person who will go on in his absence. 

We're praying for you, Gary and Elaine

Live each day to the fullest

Much love coming your way as well Gary and Elaine. It is so good to have our Myrtle Beach family here to celebrate Dad's life - I thought of you this week and continue to wish you well. Thank you for your prayers.

Many hugs,
Tess

Oh Tess,

My heart aches for you and your family.  I know that your Daddy knew what a special daughter he raised.  You have been a rock for your Daddy and family.

Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and tears today.

Much love to you and yours...
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Dear Tess,
I'm very sorry to hear that your Dad lost his battle. He is at peace now and you will have a guardian angel watching over you. He truly appreciated all that you did for him even though he couldn't say it. You are a very special daughter and I know you tried very hard to do what was best for him. Take care of yourself and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you and your family. Mary

Tess,
You are an amazing person, and you have been an incredible support system to me on this journey.   I can only imagine what a wonderful father Jack was, because he has raised such a kind, thoughtful, considerate daughter.  Your father was absolutely taken  too soon, the the only solace is that he was with his loved ones when he passed over, and he will never suffer another moment of pain with this horrible disease.    I hope I can handle what comes my way with this disease with the same elegance and grace you have displayed.
Your little boy will always feel Grampas presence, because he lives on in you.
Take Care and God Bless
xoxoxo
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Tess,  Love ,prayers and support be with you and your family. 
Valerie and Jeff

Take it to the Limit,One More Time! (Eagles)

Hi Tess sorry about your dad I know the feeling of losing a father mine was an amazing  man and I still miss him after 6 years                Janet

Dear Pam, Mary, Barbara, Valerie & Jeff, and Janet, thank's so much for your kind words.  Barbara, your words definitely helped us through Dad's final days and Jeff was always there to answer the little-big important questions along the way, many extra hugs to you all for that. Dad's funeral is just a couple of hours away, I feel so sick right now & angry. THis final celebration makes things so 'official' & even Dad hated this stuff.  When it's all over I really need to find a place to connect again with Dad, that can't be done in the presence of hundreds of strangers.

Love,
Tess

Tess,

I know God will hold you close in his hands today.  You will be strong today during the funeral and yes you will know exactly where the place is that you will connect with your Daddy.  (You can always come and walk on the beach with me!)

You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

In Love and with lots of hugs,
Pam

My Mom lost her one year battle with CC on April 3, 2009.

"A prognosis is simply an audit of how truly precious each day is.  Live each day to the maximum, celebrate what was, and what is - Don't spend your life looking forward to what will or might be." .... words of wisdom from my beloved son on hearing of his grandmother's CC prognosis.

Tess,
I am thinking of you today, as I have been thinking of you since your dad passed.  I will be with you in spirit today.
God Bless You
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Dear Tess,

I too will be thinking of you today & praying for strength for you to help you through this sad day. You will connect with your Dad again, & you are right, this can not be done among strangers. You will know when it is the right time & place.  My thoughts & prayers are with you today.

Love & Hugs,
Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

I have been there and I know what it is that you are going through. 
I am so sorry for your loss. 
You are not alone, Tess.  -ljg

Dear Tess,

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find some peace at this time. I see that you are feeling everything that is natural to feel at this time. my prayer is that you WILL find that time alone with your beloved dad when the time is right, you deserve that much. Know that you are loved.

Hugs through tears,

Ashlea