Topic: "portal vein clot"

We have a family history of cc and know from experience how difficult this can be to diagnose. So... when the docs say that they think bro has a clot in his portal vein how confident can we be that this is not a misdiagnosis of cc. He has just had a ct scan.

Anyone got any thoughts?

thanks,

speck.

Re: "portal vein clot"

Be assertive with the doctors.  Ask for the scan that will show any masses.  Tell them its your brothers life not theirs and just do it.  Of course with a sweet smile on your face.

When you wake up every morning, ask yourself this question: " I have a choice, will I be a happy person or am I going to be a sad person "  Did you choose the right one?

thanks d&b

I would definitely have another physician take a look at the scans and reports.  With this cancer historically in your family and the severety of the disease more then one opinion is in order.  Good luck.

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Hi I think it is well worth getting a second opinion because a portal vein clot can look similar on a scan to a tumour         Janet