Topic: A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

I wanted to share a note that I received from a fellow cc friend that I met on this board, several months ago. A very dear gal that lost her husband to cc a couple years back. She doesn't post here anymore, but was a strong support to me the last couple months. She was quoting someone else as she wrote the following. I am grateful to have met her here, along with so many other thoughtful, caring, sharing & hurting people....

"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

REASON: it is usually to meet a need you have expressed, guidance through a difficult time and support, to aid you physically, emontionally or spiritually.  They are there for a reason, then without any wrong doing on your part, the relationship ends.  Sometime they walk away, or sometime they die. They answered the prayer you needed at the time and now it is time to move on.

SEASON: some people come into your life for a season, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.  They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh, teaching you something you have never done, but only for a season.

LIFETIME: relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.  It is your job to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.  It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for letting me be part of your life, whether I was a reason, a season or a lifetime."

Best,
Tess

Re: A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime

Tess, and all my other CC Friends,
What an absolutely beautiful sentiment and so apropos to where I am at in life now.  I just got online for the first time since Saturday morning, and I was greeted by several E mails from my CC friends, it means the world to me to know I am not alone.
  Saturday Morning I got a call from my mom that my dad was shaking uncontrollably, burning up and couldn't breath.  My sister inlaw and I raced over, got the oxegen going, got tylenol and morphine in him, piled on blankets and layed so close to him that we were practically on top of him, and slowly in about 40 minutes he calmed to normal.  That has happened 8 times over the weekend.  When it is happening, and my dad is gasping to breath, he looks at me like "help, please help".....SO MANY times this weekend I thought of so many of you on this board- you my friends, my example of strength and courage, my heros, and I thought "if you all did this and are doing it, and are surviving, I cant too"  I need to do this, my dad needs me now, but it is taking every ounce of my energy and strength to watch with horror, this unfair demon unfold.
I dont know where each of you amazing people on this board fit in, in my life- Reason, Season, or Lifetime, but I do know, you all play an important healing role for me.  I really dont know how I would have survived thus far, without my fellow CC friends. 
xoxoxo
Barbara

The  Lord is my shephard

Hi Kid. Feeling so bad about your dad and what you are going through. Again, all I can say is how proud we are of you. You didn't think you could travel this nightmare of a journey and look at what you have done. Dad is so very lucky to have you and I am sure the worst part is seeing him suffer like this. We think about you every day and you know we love you!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

Hi Lainy,
Thanks for the vote of confidence, you are an amazing cheerleader and friend! I dont know what I would do without you in my corner.

The  Lord is my shephard