Topic: North American GI Steering Committee

In order to benefit our cause of finding a cure for Cholangiocarcinoma I have applied for and have been appointed a member to the North American GI Steering Committee Hepatobiliary Task Force.  You may read up on this:

http://theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/ … 12/12/1425

Advocates in the Gastrointestinal Steering Committee and Dissease-Specific Task Forces:

The role of the advocates in the GISC and the associated task forces is to enhance the development and implementation of clinical research which will improve the outcomes of patients with gastrointestinal cancer.  Key areas of focus include:

Providing community input into the design and implementation of individual clinical trials and overall clinical strategy for GI cancers; and
Disseminating appropriate information to the patient community.

I am excited to be part of this task force and I am looking forward to sharing with you all new developments coming our way.

With love,
Marion

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: North American GI Steering Committee

This is great news for all of us, Marion. You are a great advocate for us and so very kind and helpful with everything you do. We couldn't ask for a better representative.

Go in there and kick butt!

That's quite an honor, Marion.  Thank you for your service to our cause!

Thanks...we are all in this together.  This cancer needs a kick and more....

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

You go Girl! Can't think of anyone else we would rather have in our corner!!!!

Teddy ~In our hearts forever~ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING
Any suggestion I offer is intended as friendly advice based solely on my own experience. Please consult your doctor for professional guidance.

That's super news Marion, thanks again for picking up the torch & running with it (even on a bum ankle)! You're the best!

-Tess

Congratulations Marion. Thanks so much for all you are doing to promote our cause.

Darla

"One Day At A Time"

All of my comments and suggestions are just my opinions and are not a substitute for professional medical advice.   You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care providers.

thanks marion,you are great

moon

Thank you to all.  I have great company....all of you.
Hugs
Marion

Marion,
You always manage to amaze me. Thanks for all your hard work. With CC being so rare, we need a loud and determined voice to raise awareness, interest, and research funding. You are our warrior and we could not ask for a better one.

Congrats on your appointment and we are all so proud of you and your efforts.

Kris

Cancer is a word, not a sentence.

36 year old patient with buckets of hope