Topic: Mixed treatments?????

I was diagnosed last March. I first had a liver re-section followed by 5 1/2 wks. of radiation with weekly chemo. daily radiation. They gave me Cysplatin as chemo. I had two clear scans but nowI have 3 new lesions on my liver ,very sm. We had hoped they would be able to do ablation. But the placement of the new tumors are in dangerous positions. I have 2 oncologist one here in Charlotte and Micheal Morse at Duke. they have come up with different protocols. One is Gemzar and Oxilaplatin. Duke would like to add Nexavar to the mix. My CC is behaving like a liver cancer . I got all of my insurance Problems well taken care of .I am curious if anyone has had the combos and how they had done with them

2 (edited by marions Sun, 17 May 2009 22:33:34)

Re: Mixed treatments?????

Hello L.B....these are some of the postings concerning your questions of the different mixes of chemotherapies:  Hopefully, some others may share some of their own experiences, also.  The search engine on top, right hand side will show more if you so wish to read up on.
Good luck.

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1783

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1755

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2087

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2524

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=177

and on Nexavar

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=177

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2628

www.cholangiocarcinoma.org/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1947

THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER

Re: Mixed treatments?????

AS I understand it, nexavar is better for hepatocellular than cholangio, but I certainly could be misinformed. I don't see the harm in adding Nexavar to that regimen. Others may be able to speak to it side effects, but I think they are minimal compared to other treatments.